Users with Usermin - Security

This is a discussion on Users with Usermin - Security ; Hi! I would like to mount a web hosting and I need that users only can see theirs /home/user directory. I use webmin and usermin and with the file browser an user can see other system and user directories. ┐How ...

  1. Users with Usermin

    Hi!

    I would like to mount a web hosting and I need that users only can
    see theirs /home/user directory. I use webmin and usermin and with the
    file browser an user can see other system and user directories.

    ┐How I can resolve this question?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Users with Usermin

    On 22 Dec, 09:54, "cirudinezid...@gmail.com"
    wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I would like to mount a web hosting and I need that *users only can
    > see theirs /home/user directory. I use webmin and usermin and with the
    > file browser an user can see other system and user directories.
    >
    > ┐How I can resolve this question?

    You need to review what's actually in your httpd.conf and related
    configuration files, and in particularly the "DocumentRoot" for the
    various virtual websites that you apparently need to set up.

  3. Re: Users with Usermin

    Usermin have an application which it can browse over directories. I
    would like to have this application but an user can not read other
    directories except its home and home's subdirectories. It is similar
    to a ssh terminal but with a java graphical front end.

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread