PORT Forwarding - Security

This is a discussion on PORT Forwarding - Security ; Hi all, I'm newbie to Linux and now I'm working in PORT Forwarding in that, I've two network cards in Linux PC Configs are eth0 : IP :10.128.19.219 (connected with local network IP is 10.128.xx.xxx) eth1: IP : 192.128.10.1 (connected ...

  1. PORT Forwarding

    Hi all,
    I'm newbie to Linux and now I'm working in PORT Forwarding in that,

    I've two network cards in Linux PC

    Configs are
    eth0 :
    IP :10.128.19.219
    (connected with local network IP is 10.128.xx.xxx)

    eth1:
    IP : 192.128.10.1
    (connected with private network PC and IP is 192.128.10.2)

    Now I can transfer the http protocols,

    But I want to communicate from 10.128.19.230 port no 1000 to
    192.128.10.2 port no 2000

    Is it possible?
    How could I make it possible through Port Address Translation?

    Suggest me example rule sets
    Can anybody help me?

  2. Re: PORT Forwarding

    On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:13:19 -0800, johnnynelsonp wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > I'm newbie to Linux and now I'm working in PORT Forwarding in that,

    Being a newbie you should start by reading this:

    http://iptables.rlworkman.net/chunkyhtml/index.html

    --

    Regards
    Robert

    Smile... it increases your face value!

  3. Re: PORT Forwarding

    johnnynelsonp@gmail.com writes:

    >Hi all,
    >I'm newbie to Linux and now I'm working in PORT Forwarding in that,

    >How could I make it possible through Port Address Translation?

    Might...

    What about "rinetd" ?

    just asking, Holger

  4. Re: PORT Forwarding

    On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:13:19 -0800 (PST)
    johnnynelsonp@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > I'm newbie to Linux and now I'm working in PORT Forwarding in that,
    >
    > I've two network cards in Linux PC

    > Is it possible?
    > How could I make it possible through Port Address Translation?
    >
    > Suggest me example rule sets
    > Can anybody help me?

    This writeup can probably help you:

    http://linuxgazette.net/103/odonovan.html

    Besides this, you should probably check these:
    http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.n...html/c584.html
    http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.n...tml/x4033.html
    http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.n...tml/x4679.html

    --