Security Distributions - Security

This is a discussion on Security Distributions - Security ; Can anyone point me to some good security distributions? I am aware of Auditor, Helix and Insert. Thanks, bfh...

  1. Security Distributions

    Can anyone point me to some good security distributions? I am aware
    of Auditor, Helix and Insert.

    Thanks,

    bfh

  2. Re: Security Distributions

    On Thu,
    23 Aug 2007 15:21:44 +0000, bfh wrote:

    > Can anyone point me to some good security distributions? I am aware
    > of Auditor, Helix and Insert.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > bfh

    http://www.securedvd.org/about.html
    Although it does not seem to have been updated since last year, I have
    used it with great success ...... everything on one disc is sweet!

  3. Re: Security Distributions

    bfh wrote:
    > Can anyone point me to some good security distributions? I am aware
    > of Auditor, Helix and Insert.

    I think there used to be (maybe still is) a NSA enhanced distro or was
    it the kernel only?

    --
    Dawid Michalczyk
    http://www.scifi-art.info _Sci-Fi art directory_

  4. Re: Security Distributions

    On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 19:22:38 +0200, Dawid Michalczyk wrote:

    > bfh wrote:
    >> Can anyone point me to some good security distributions? I am aware of
    >> Auditor, Helix and Insert.

    > I think there used to be (maybe still is) a NSA enhanced distro or was
    > it the kernel only?

    The NSA extensions are known as SELinux. SELinux is included in every
    Redhat distro, in fact it's enabled by default which I find pretty
    annoying. My guess is that every major distro includes SELinux.

  5. Re: Security Distributions

    On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 15:21:44 +0000, bfh wrote:

    > Can anyone point me to some good security distributions? I am aware
    > of Auditor, Helix and Insert.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > bfh

    knoppix-std, kcpentrix, backtrack2, phlak, firelite

  6. Best USB wireless Card for Penetration Testers

    Hi Frnds

    Could you please help me in finding the best wireless cards (USB based)
    which can be used for penetration testing using backtrack, auditor, STD, etc

    -thanks
    Manu

+ Reply to Thread