Squid Proxy Cache - Security

This is a discussion on Squid Proxy Cache - Security ; Hello, Has anyone ever used the Squid proxy cache? I could use some help with mine. I am running I believe Squid2.4/STABLE12. I am new to Squid. I would like to know how to add and remove users to/from the ...

  1. Squid Proxy Cache

    Hello,

    Has anyone ever used the Squid proxy cache? I could use some help
    with mine. I am running I believe Squid2.4/STABLE12.

    I am new to Squid. I would like to know how to add and remove users
    to/from the proxy. Also, am I correct in thinking that there is a
    firewall built in to Squid?

    If anyone knows something on this topic, I would appreciate some
    feedback. Thanks!

    Steven

  2. Re: Squid Proxy Cache

    Am Wed, 01 Aug 2007 06:22:59 +0000 schrieb Steven Borrelli:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Has anyone ever used the Squid proxy cache? I could use some help
    > with mine. I am running I believe Squid2.4/STABLE12.
    >
    > I am new to Squid. I would like to know how to add and remove users
    > to/from the proxy. Also, am I correct in thinking that there is a
    > firewall built in to Squid?
    >
    > If anyone knows something on this topic, I would appreciate some
    > feedback. Thanks!
    >
    > Steven

    all u need: http://www.squid-cache.org/

  3. Re: Squid Proxy Cache

    On 1 Aug, 07:22, Steven Borrelli wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Has anyone ever used the Squid proxy cache? I could use some help
    > with mine. I am running I believe Squid2.4/STABLE12.
    >
    > I am new to Squid. I would like to know how to add and remove users
    > to/from the proxy.

    No such thing on the supplied system. Your installation may have other
    things added to squid which do this.

    > Also, am I correct in thinking that there is a
    > firewall built in to Squid?

    No. It can be used to avoid exposing the browser host on the internet
    but there are better ways of acheiving that is it is your only goal.

    You should have the Squid docs installed on your host alreay or check
    the website(s).

    C.

+ Reply to Thread