need help with testing hackinglinuxexposed.com article on ssh authorized_keys - Security

This is a discussion on need help with testing hackinglinuxexposed.com article on ssh authorized_keys - Security ; I am trying out the article at http://www.hackinglinuxexposed.com/a.../20030109.html on passwordless ssh keys. When I test the connection to SSH_ORIGINAL_COMMAND using scp rather than ssh no output shows and the connection is terminated. I can see the command sent when a ...

  1. need help with testing hackinglinuxexposed.com article on ssh authorized_keys

    I am trying out the article at http://www.hackinglinuxexposed.com/a.../20030109.html
    on passwordless ssh keys.

    When I test the connection to SSH_ORIGINAL_COMMAND using scp rather
    than ssh no output shows and the connection is terminated.

    I can see the command sent when a run the command with -v option.
    There might have been some changes to the ssh system at the article
    dates to 2003.

    Is there some way later version of ssh enable the display of the
    command sent?

    - Frank

  2. Re: need help with testing hackinglinuxexposed.com article on sshauthorized_keys

    voipfc schrieb:
    > I am trying out the article at http://www.hackinglinuxexposed.com/a.../20030109.html
    > on passwordless ssh keys.
    > When I test the connection to SSH_ORIGINAL_COMMAND using scp rather
    > than ssh no output shows and the connection is terminated.
    > Is there some way later version of ssh enable the display of the
    > command sent?

    im not sure what your problem is. but maybe this helps anyway:
    most sshd wont permit root logins by default. check /etc/ssh/sshd_conf
    for permiting root logins through ssh.

+ Reply to Thread