vsFTPd hangs after LIST command - Security

This is a discussion on vsFTPd hangs after LIST command - Security ; I am running CentOS 4. I have a dedicated server from godaddy.com running vsFTPd. When I try to FTP in using any Windows FTP GUI client(ie. CoffeeCup, FtpNavigator, Filezilla), it hangs after the LIST command. But if I ftp in ...

  1. vsFTPd hangs after LIST command

    I am running CentOS 4. I have a dedicated server from godaddy.com
    running vsFTPd.

    When I try to FTP in using any Windows FTP GUI client(ie. CoffeeCup,
    FtpNavigator, Filezilla), it hangs after the LIST command. But if I
    ftp in using the windows or another linux ftp command, it lets me in.
    I've even tried with other machines to make sure it was not a firewall
    problem on the client end.

    I had this problem earlier and godaddy fixed it for me, but somehow it
    came back and godaddy is telling me to fix it myself.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: vsFTPd hangs after LIST command

    Shaq-Diesel wrote:
    > I am running CentOS 4. I have a dedicated server from godaddy.com
    > running vsFTPd.
    >
    > When I try to FTP in using any Windows FTP GUI client(ie. CoffeeCup,
    > FtpNavigator, Filezilla), it hangs after the LIST command. But if I
    > ftp in using the windows or another linux ftp command, it lets me in.
    > I've even tried with other machines to make sure it was not a firewall
    > problem on the client end.
    >
    > I had this problem earlier and godaddy fixed it for me, but somehow it
    > came back and godaddy is telling me to fix it myself.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Try setting passive mode in the GUI client.

+ Reply to Thread