Ethereal vs. Wireshark? - Security

This is a discussion on Ethereal vs. Wireshark? - Security ; Gotcha! You were going to tell me: "they are the same", right? I am just wondering whether Ethereal is the pupa and Wireshark the butterfly, or perhaps Ethereal is the larva, Wireshark the pupa, with some forthcoming unknown butterfly? Anywho... ...

  1. Ethereal vs. Wireshark?

    Gotcha!

    You were going to tell me: "they are the same", right?

    I am just wondering whether Ethereal is the pupa and Wireshark the
    butterfly, or perhaps Ethereal is the larva, Wireshark the pupa, with
    some forthcoming unknown butterfly?

    Anywho... Pick some definite name and stick with it folks!

    http://www.ethereal.com
    http://www.wireshark.org

    I would really like to see a link from the former to the latter.

    -Ramon

  2. Re: Ethereal vs. Wireshark?

    On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 00:03:03 -0700, Ramon F Herrera
    wrote:

    >Gotcha!
    >
    >You were going to tell me: "they are the same", right?
    >
    >I am just wondering whether Ethereal is the pupa and Wireshark the
    >butterfly, or perhaps Ethereal is the larva, Wireshark the pupa, with
    >some forthcoming unknown butterfly?
    >
    >Anywho... Pick some definite name and stick with it folks!
    >
    > http://www.ethereal.com
    > http://www.wireshark.org
    >
    >I would really like to see a link from the former to the latter.

    http://www.wireshark.org/faq.html#q1.2

+ Reply to Thread