Ethereal vs Wireshark - Security

This is a discussion on Ethereal vs Wireshark - Security ; I have been using Ethereal on my Linux boxes. I was recently introduced to Wireshark for my MsWin boxes. I see that there is a version for Linux. The GUIs look rather similar. Any opinions on which is better? Thanks, ...

  1. Ethereal vs Wireshark

    I have been using Ethereal on my Linux
    boxes. I was recently introduced to
    Wireshark for my MsWin boxes. I see
    that there is a version for Linux.
    The GUIs look rather similar.
    Any opinions on which is better?
    Thanks,
    Mike.

  2. Re: Ethereal vs Wireshark

  3. Re: Ethereal vs Wireshark

    On 25.05.2007, Mike - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
    > I have been using Ethereal on my Linux
    > boxes. I was recently introduced to
    > Wireshark for my MsWin boxes. I see
    > that there is a version for Linux.
    > The GUIs look rather similar.
    > Any opinions on which is better?

    Erm... You didn't read all the news on Wireshark's website, did you?

    --
    Secunia non olet.
    Stanislaw Klekot

  4. Re: Ethereal vs Wireshark

    In newsan.2007.05.25.14.24.31.828994@yahoo.com,
    Mike - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:

    > I have been using Ethereal on my Linux
    > boxes. I was recently introduced to
    > Wireshark for my MsWin boxes. I see
    > that there is a version for Linux.
    > The GUIs look rather similar.
    > Any opinions on which is better?

    They are the same program.

  5. Re: Ethereal vs Wireshark

    On Fri, 25 May 2007 15:05:29 +0000, Stachu 'Dozzie' K. wrote:

    > On 25.05.2007, Mike - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
    >> I have been using Ethereal on my Linux
    >> boxes. I was recently introduced to
    >> Wireshark for my MsWin boxes. I see
    >> that there is a version for Linux.
    >> The GUIs look rather similar.
    >> Any opinions on which is better?

    > Erm... You didn't read all the news on Wireshark's website, did you?

    Indeed, you are correct.
    Thanks,
    Mike.

+ Reply to Thread