selinux & tripwire - Security

This is a discussion on selinux & tripwire - Security ; hi has anyone experience with selinux and tripwire. as tripwire should run with a lot of privileges there will be, i assume, some conflicts with selinux. does anyone run tripwire on selinux? cheers moritz...

  1. selinux & tripwire

    hi

    has anyone experience with selinux and tripwire.

    as tripwire should run with a lot of privileges there will be, i
    assume, some conflicts with selinux.

    does anyone run tripwire on selinux?

    cheers
    moritz

  2. Re: selinux & tripwire

    moritz.gartenmeister wrote:

    > has anyone experience with selinux and tripwire.
    >
    > as tripwire should run with a lot of privileges there will be, i assume,
    > some conflicts with selinux.

    I have not tried it. Have you? If you have not yet, why don't you try it
    now and report results/findings back to us here so we may all share the
    benefit of your experience (?). Thanks.

  3. Re: selinux & tripwire

    On 26 Apr, 06:11, responder wrote:
    > moritz.gartenmeister wrote:
    > > has anyone experience with selinux and tripwire.

    > > as tripwire should run with a lot of privileges there will be, i assume,
    > > some conflicts with selinux.

    > I have not tried it. Have you? If you have not yet, why don't you try it
    > now and report results/findings back to us here so we may all share the
    > benefit of your experience (?). Thanks.

    I admit to having found SElinux to be a nightmare to configure and
    use: the documentation is not only confusing, but it reports
    violations about the *damndest* things. So when debugging, I set it to
    be "permissive" and check the logs, then tighten back up later when I
    know what it will break.

+ Reply to Thread