What is Morpheus F***ing Scanner? - Security

This is a discussion on What is Morpheus F***ing Scanner? - Security ; I've had some user with above "scanner" looking at my machine. All I run is a family web site with a genealogy program/data, but I get concerned. Doug...

  1. What is Morpheus F***ing Scanner?

    I've had some user with above "scanner" looking at my machine. All I run is
    a family web site with a genealogy program/data, but I get concerned.

    Doug

  2. Re: What is Morpheus F***ing Scanner?

    On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 09:50:51 -0500, Doug Holtz wrote:
    > I've had some user with above "scanner" looking at my machine. All I run is
    > a family web site with a genealogy program/data, but I get concerned.

    Your answer is here:
    http://tinyurl.com/22c6t

  3. Re: What is Morpheus F***ing Scanner?

    Nobody writes:

    >On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 09:50:51 -0500, Doug Holtz wrote:
    >> I've had some user with above "scanner" looking at my machine. All I run is
    >> a family web site with a genealogy program/data, but I get concerned.

    The fact that you just run a family web site is irrelevant. Your computer
    is valuable if they can subvert it and use it to send out spam, attack
    other sites, etc. They do not care what you have on it. They care about
    what they can use it for.

  4. Re: What is Morpheus F***ing Scanner?

    On Apr 1, 9:55 pm, Unruh wrote:
    > Nobody writes:
    > >On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 09:50:51 -0500, Doug Holtz wrote:
    > >> I've had some user with above "scanner" looking at my machine. All I run is
    > >> a family web site with a genealogy program/data, but I get concerned.

    > The fact that you just run a family web site is irrelevant. Your computer
    > is valuable if they can subvert it and use it to send out spam, attack
    > other sites, etc. They do not care what you have on it. They care about
    > what they can use it for.

    yes man ,you are right,specially if your system has areal ip on the
    internet,because anybody can reach it,so we better do our best to
    secure our systems.

  5. Re: What is Morpheus F***ing Scanner?

    On Apr 1, 4:50 pm, "Doug Holtz" wrote:
    > I've had some user with above "scanner" looking at my machine. All I run is
    > a family web site with a genealogy program/data, but I get concerned.
    >
    > Doug

    -are you sure if it's ascanner or asniffer ?anyway try your best to
    secure your systems,use ssl enabled applications and always update
    your system,make strong passwords,if you know the ip that scans your
    system block it with iptables for example and use some sort of IDS.

  6. Re: What is Morpheus F***ing Scanner?

    On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, habibielwa7id wrote:

    > On Apr 1, 4:50 pm, "Doug Holtz" wrote:
    >> I've had some user with above "scanner" looking at my machine. All I run is
    >> a family web site with a genealogy program/data, but I get concerned.
    >>
    >> Doug

    > -are you sure if it's ascanner or asniffer ?anyway try your best to
    > secure your systems,use ssl enabled applications and always update
    > your system,make strong passwords,if you know the ip that scans your
    > system block it with iptables for example and use some sort of IDS.

    Or better yet, if you know the IP look up its owner and report to the ISP.

    --
    Sir Jackery

+ Reply to Thread