port knocking regarding the class C (/24) ranges with iptables? - Security

This is a discussion on port knocking regarding the class C (/24) ranges with iptables? - Security ; Which is the best port knocking solution to open a local port for incoming connection from whole C (/24) ranges with iptables? Let's have an iptables firewall filtering connections for two public IP addresses: 1.2.3.4 and 1.2.3.5 If an incoming ...

  1. port knocking regarding the class C (/24) ranges with iptables?

    Which is the best port knocking solution to open a local port for
    incoming connection from whole C (/24) ranges with iptables?

    Let's have an iptables firewall filtering connections for two public
    IP addresses: 1.2.3.4 and 1.2.3.5

    If an incoming connection from 9.8.7.6 comes to port 25 at 1.2.3.4, I
    would like to open/unblock port 25 at 1.2.3.5 for the whole 9.8.7/24
    range.

    (There is some reason why I need two separate public addresses -- I
    would like to try something like transparent greylisting on the
    firewall -- while the ordinary spambots tend to target the primary MX
    OR the secondary MX ONLY, the full-fledged SMTP host tries both MX's)

  2. Re: port knocking regarding the class C (/24) ranges with iptables?

    On 2007-03-28, totojepast wrote:
    > Which is the best port knocking solution to open a local port for
    > incoming connection from whole C (/24) ranges with iptables?

    iptables+recent module.

    --
    Damian Szuberski

+ Reply to Thread