Last Login Date in Red Hat Linux - Security

This is a discussion on Last Login Date in Red Hat Linux - Security ; Hi, How to generate a report from Red Hat Linux that shows the last login date for all users in the system? I need this because I want to check for dormant user account in the system. Please assist. Thanks ...

  1. Last Login Date in Red Hat Linux

    Hi,

    How to generate a report from Red Hat Linux that shows the last login
    date for all users in the system? I need this because I want to check
    for dormant user account in the system. Please assist.

    Thanks and regards,
    Jenny

  2. Re: Last Login Date in Red Hat Linux

    Jenny wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > How to generate a report from Red Hat Linux that shows the last login
    > date for all users in the system? I need this because I want to check
    > for dormant user account in the system. Please assist.
    >
    > Thanks and regards,
    > Jenny

    /usr/bin/lastlog

  3. Re: Last Login Date in Red Hat Linux

    In comp.os.linux.security Jenny :
    > Hi,

    > How to generate a report from Red Hat Linux that shows the last login
    > date for all users in the system? I need this because I want to check
    > for dormant user account in the system. Please assist.

    man last
    man lastlog

    In addition 'man chage' should be interesting to you.

    Good luck

    #bofh excuse 416: We're out of slots on the server

+ Reply to Thread