Save from Proxy - Security

This is a discussion on Save from Proxy - Security ; The place where I browse net is not a safe place any more I am not the system administrator here probably our admins intercept the traffic that is going via proxy I doubt this because number of times when I ...

  1. Save from Proxy

    The place where I browse net is not a safe place any more I am not the
    system administrator here probably our admins intercept the traffic
    that is going via proxy I doubt this because number of times when I
    tried to log in to some of my mails I got a message Site Identity not
    verified I guess that might be a problem because of a fake SSL
    certificates (might be expired authority certificate) or what soever be
    the reason I could never trust to the site that I am connecting
    neither I can not trust my Network Admins it has become a serious
    problem
    now ,I would be thankful if some one could tell a solution to my
    problem I use Linux only and there are no super user previleges to me
    what can I do to save my self
    because of this problem I have stopped browsing

  2. Re: Save from Proxy

    In news:1167326052.468905.111050@a3g2000cwd.googlegro ups.com,
    Velocity wrote:

    > The place where I browse net is not a safe place any more I am not
    > connecting neither I can not trust my Network Admins it has become a
    > serious problem now ,I would be thankful if some one could tell a
    > solution to my problem because of this problem I have stopped
    > browsing

    Good ... stay off Usenet too.

  3. Re: Save from Proxy

    In comp.os.linux.security Velocity :
    > The place where I browse net is not a safe place any more I am not the
    > system administrator here probably our admins intercept the traffic

    [..]
    > neither I can not trust my Network Admins it has become a serious
    > problem

    [..]
    > because of this problem I have stopped browsing

    You could get some work done now?

    #bofh excuse 374: It's the InterNIC's fault.

+ Reply to Thread