    Thanks and regards,
    Yen Nee

  2. Re: Where to set SSH session timeout?

    On 2006-12-27, Jenny wrote:
    > Where can I set the SSH session timeout in Redhat Linux?

    man ssh_config / man sshd_config ?

    --
    Damian Szuberski

  3. Re: Where to set SSH session timeout?

    "Jenny" (06-12-27 06:54:51):

    > Where can I set the SSH session timeout in Redhat Linux?

    Since the SSH `session' is determined not only by the connection, but
    also by the application which is used (mostly the login shell), there
    are actually two kinds of timeouts. Either the SSHd should notice, when
    the connection to the client is dead, or the application should notice,
    when the user is idle (i.e. the user hasn't typed anything for a certain
    amount of time).

    In the former case, Damian Szube's answer is correct, and the man-pages
    for ssh_config and (more likely) sshd_config are the ones you're looking
    for. In the latter case, where there is nothing wrong with the
    connection, it's the man-page for your shell.

    Regards,
    E.S.

+ Reply to Thread