image reader - Security

This is a discussion on image reader - Security ; I'm creating my own spam filter and would like to find software that can abstract the text from a gif and/or jpg. Any suggestions?...

  1. image reader

    I'm creating my own spam filter and would like to find software that
    can abstract the text from a gif and/or jpg. Any suggestions?

  2. Re: image reader

    In news:4586cab5.86764791@news.webperception.com,
    Mike wrote:

    > I'm creating my own spam filter and would like to find software that
    > can abstract the text from a gif and/or jpg. Any suggestions?

    What sort of abstraction do you wish to create?

  3. Re: image reader

    Mike wrote:
    > I'm creating my own spam filter and would like to find software that
    > can abstract the text from a gif and/or jpg. Any suggestions?

    Don't bother. On-line character recognition is still quite difficult,
    it's computationally hugely expensive, and it hardly seems worth it for
    decoding the variety of games the spammers use to duck the easier text
    filter. Have you considered integrating CRM114 into your spam
    filtering, which does a pretty good job, or SPF, which is extremely
    lightweight and great for blocking email worms?

  4. Re: image reader

    Sorry Patrick, I meant "extract text".

    Thanks for the suggestion Nico, I'll take a look at your suggestions.

    On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 17:10:14 GMT, mike@nospam.com (Mike) wrote:

    >I'm creating my own spam filter and would like to find software that
    >can abstract the text from a gif and/or jpg. Any suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread