FAQ: Alan Connor -- Usenet Beavis - Security

This is a discussion on FAQ: Alan Connor -- Usenet Beavis - Security ; FAQ: Canonical list of questions Beavis refuses to answer (V2.10) This is a canonical list of questions that Beavis never answers. This FAQ is posted on a semi-regular schedule, as circumstances warrant. For more information on Beavis, see: http://www.pearlgates.net/nanae/kooks/ac/ Although ...

  1. FAQ: Alan Connor -- Usenet Beavis

    FAQ: Canonical list of questions Beavis refuses to answer (V2.10)

    This is a canonical list of questions that Beavis never answers. This FAQ is
    posted on a semi-regular schedule, as circumstances warrant.

    For more information on Beavis, see:

    http://www.pearlgates.net/nanae/kooks/ac/

    Although Beavis has been posting for a long time, he always remains silent
    on the subjects enumerated below. His response, if any, usually consists of
    replying to the parent post with a loud proclamation that his Usenet-reading
    software runs a magical filter that automatically identifies anyone who's
    making fun of him, and hides those offensive posts. For more information
    see question #9 below.

    1) Why are you afraid of posting to alt.usenet.kooks, or
    alt.asshole.alan-connor?

    2) If your Challenge-Response spam filter works so well, why are you munging
    your address, when posting to Usenet?

    3) If spammers avoid forging real E-mail addresses on spam, then where do
    all these bounces everyone reports getting (for spam with their return
    address was forged onto) come from?

    4) If your Challenge-Response filter is so great, why don't you use it?
    (http://tinyurl.com/rvvsd)

    5) Do you still believe that rsh is the best solution for remote access?
    (http://tinyurl.com/5qqb6)

    6) What is your evidence that everyone who disagrees with you, and thinks
    that you're a moron, is a spammer?

    7) What is your evidence that everyone who disagrees with you, and thinks
    that you're a moron, is a "troll"?

    8) How many different individuals do you believe really post to Usenet? What
    is the evidence for your paranoid belief that everyone, except you, who
    posts here is some unknown arch-nemesis of yours?

    9) How many times, or how often, do you believe is necessary to announce
    that you do not read someone's posts? What is your reason for making these
    regularly-scheduled proclamations? Who do you believe is so interested in
    keeping track of your Usenet-reading habits?

    10) When was the last time you saw Bigfoot (http://tinyurl.com/23r3f)?

    11) If your C-R system employs a spam filter so that it won't challenge
    spam, then why does any of the mail that passes the filter, and is thusly
    presumed not to be spam, need to be challenged?

    12) You claim that the software you use to read Usenet magically identifies
    any post that makes fun of you. In http://tinyurl.com/3swes you explain
    that "What I get in my newsreader is a mock post with fake headers and no
    body, except for the first parts of the Subject and From headers."

    Since your headers indicate that you use slrn and, as far as anyone knows,
    the stock slrn doesn't work that way, is this interesting patch to slrn
    available for download anywhere?

    13) You regularly post alleged logs of your procmail recipe autodeleting a
    bunch of irrelevant mail that you've received. Why, and who exactly do you
    believe is interested in your mail logs?

    14) How exactly do you "enforce" an "order" to stay out of your mailbox,
    supposedly (http://tinyurl.com/cs8jt)? Since you issue this "order" about
    every week, or so, apparently nobody wants to follow it. What are you going
    to do about it?

    15) What's with your fascination with ****? (also http://tinyurl.com/cs8jt,
    and http://tinyurl.com/qv296; or http://makeashorterlink.com/?A2343263D and
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?G2242163D ) ?

    16) You complain about some arch-nemesis of yours always posting forged
    messages in your name. Can you come up with even a single URL, as an example
    of what you're talking about?

    17) You always complain about some mythical spammers that pretend to be
    spamfighters (http://tinyurl.com/br4td). Who exactly are those people, and
    can you post a copy of a spam that you supposedly received from them, that
    proves that they're really spammers, and not spamfighters?

    18) Why exactly does it matter which specific name one uses for posting to
    Usenet?

  2. Re: FAQ: Alan Connor -- Usenet Beavis

    On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 01:58:26 +0000, Usenet Beavis wrote:

    > FAQ: Canonical list of questions Beavis refuses to answer (V2.10)
    >
    > This is a canonical list of questions that Beavis never answers. This FAQ is
    > posted on a semi-regular schedule, as circumstances warrant.

    I was going to post a question about Linux secuity. I will wait a month
    or two, until this stuff blows over. It was not all that inportant.

    --

    Felix Tilley
    OICFLLD

  3. Re: FAQ: Alan Connor -- Usenet Beavis

+ Reply to Thread