Routing Problem - Security

This is a discussion on Routing Problem - Security ; See ...this is my network.. Firewall | External ISP network-Internet Router ---Internet switch --Internal(LAN) switch---proxy (both internal external nic is connected to lan switch)..(internet switch also connected to firewall) This is my lan configuration.. Internal card Figure 1) Ip address: ...

  1. Routing Problem

    See ...this is my network.. Firewall

    External ISP network-Internet Router ---Internet switch --Internal(LAN)
    switch---proxy (both internal external nic is connected to lan
    switch)..(internet switch also connected to firewall)

    This is my lan configuration..
    Internal card Figure 1)

    Ip address: 132.149.2.75
    subnet mask: 255.255.0.0
    Gateway: 132.149.2.254

    External card(Figure 2)

    Ip address : 192.168.10.50
    subnet mask : 255.255.255.0
    Gateway : 192.168.10.101(firewall)

    First I try this in my linux machine...I configured 192 series ip(As is
    Figure 2)..I assigned DNS ip in etc/resolv.conf...
    On that time i can able to access the internet through mozilla.

    After that I removed the configuration...

    Now I insert another network card...Now I had 2 cards..
    I configured both cards(One is internal(as in Figure 1) another is
    external(as in Figure 2).

    Now I can able to ping my DNS ip 61.1.96.69..nslookup "www.yahoo.com"
    working...all is working...

    My squid is properly configured ..

    Now from my client machine(any 132.149. series) I can t access the
    internet...

    It gives "Connection timed Out"

    I think both nic is not communicating...I have enabled the IP
    forwarding also...

    What should i do?

    Any Routing entry should be added?
    Any firewall settings?

  2. Re: Routing Problem

    Pandi,

    Give traceroute. Checked gateway on client is 132.149.2.75 ?

    Greetz,

    pandi wrote:

    > See ...this is my network.. Firewall
    > |
    > External ISP network-Internet Router ---Internet switch --Internal(LAN)
    > switch---proxy (both internal external nic is connected to lan
    > switch)..(internet switch also connected to firewall)
    >
    > This is my lan configuration..
    > Internal card Figure 1)
    >
    > Ip address: 132.149.2.75
    > subnet mask: 255.255.0.0
    > Gateway: 132.149.2.254
    >
    > External card(Figure 2)
    >
    > Ip address : 192.168.10.50
    > subnet mask : 255.255.255.0
    > Gateway : 192.168.10.101(firewall)
    >
    > First I try this in my linux machine...I configured 192 series ip(As is
    > Figure 2)..I assigned DNS ip in etc/resolv.conf...
    > On that time i can able to access the internet through mozilla.
    >
    > After that I removed the configuration...
    >
    > Now I insert another network card...Now I had 2 cards..
    > I configured both cards(One is internal(as in Figure 1) another is
    > external(as in Figure 2).
    >
    > Now I can able to ping my DNS ip 61.1.96.69..nslookup "www.yahoo.com"
    > working...all is working...
    >
    > My squid is properly configured ..
    >
    > Now from my client machine(any 132.149. series) I can t access the
    > internet...
    >
    > It gives "Connection timed Out"
    >
    > I think both nic is not communicating...I have enabled the IP
    > forwarding also...
    >
    > What should i do?
    >
    > Any Routing entry should be added?
    > Any firewall settings?