Howto Make Tripwire Email me @ Gmail - Security

This is a discussion on Howto Make Tripwire Email me @ Gmail - Security ; I have tripwire running on ubuntu 6.10 i686. Is it possible to have tripwire e-mail me on my gmail account when a violation occurs?...

  1. Howto Make Tripwire Email me @ Gmail

  2. Re: Howto Make Tripwire Email me @ Gmail

    twoeyedhuman1111 wrote:

    > I have tripwire running on ubuntu 6.10 i686. Is it possible to have
    > tripwire e-mail me on my gmail account when a violation occurs?

    Try using a output redirect (" > ") to your e-mail address. But it is not
    clear what you mean by "when a violation occurs". You can send a complete
    output. Or you can process the output according to predefined criteria
    and proceed from there.

  3. Re: Howto Make Tripwire Email me @ Gmail

    {commands} | grep {interesting things} | mailx -s "Subject" twoeyedhuman1111@gmail.com

    --
    "Other people are not your property."

  4. Re: Howto Make Tripwire Email me @ Gmail

    Your right, "when a violation occurs" is unclear. I guess a daily
    report then.

    responder wrote:
    > twoeyedhuman1111 wrote:
    >
    > > I have tripwire running on ubuntu 6.10 i686. Is it possible to have
    > > tripwire e-mail me on my gmail account when a violation occurs?

    > Try using a output redirect (" > ") to your e-mail address. But it is not
    > clear what you mean by "when a violation occurs". You can send a complete
    > output. Or you can process the output according to predefined criteria
    > and proceed from there.

  5. Re: Howto Make Tripwire Email me @ Gmail

    Thank you! I did not think of bash pipes. I will implement tripwire
    emailing me @ gmail on my server using pipes.

    Thank you again.

    Huge wrote:
    > On 2006-11-25, twoeyedhuman1111 wrote:
    > > I have tripwire running on ubuntu 6.10 i686. Is it possible to have
    > > tripwire e-mail me on my gmail account when a violation occurs?

    > {commands} | grep {interesting things} | mailx -s "Subject" twoeyedhuman1111@gmail.com
    >

    > --
    > "Other people are not your property."
    > [email me at huge [at] huge [dot] org [dot] uk]

+ Reply to Thread