Vulnerability scanner for console-linux - Security

This is a discussion on Vulnerability scanner for console-linux - Security ; Hello, I would like to scan my host just to be sure that IDS-snort is working properly. Therefore looking for a tool which would make such scan from the console mode in linux. Regards, mark...

  1. Vulnerability scanner for console-linux

    Hello,

    I would like to scan my host just to be sure that IDS-snort is working
    properly. Therefore looking for a tool which would make such scan from
    the console mode in linux.

    Regards, mark

  2. Re: Vulnerability scanner for console-linux

    "mark" wrote in news:1163862090.549914.301650
    @e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I would like to scan my host just to be sure that IDS-snort is working
    > properly. Therefore looking for a tool which would make such scan from
    > the console mode in linux.
    >
    > Regards, mark

    Hi Mark.

    I guessing nmap will do, or am I missing something?

    Me.

  3. Re: Vulnerability scanner for console-linux

    Depending on the config of your IDS, nmap may or may not trigger an
    alert. You could use sneeze
    (http://www.securiteam.com/tools/5DP0T0AB5G.html), to test a variety of
    rule-sets. Also, you could fire Nessus off at your system and that
    will most assuredly generate a variety of alerts.

    The options are quite limitless here.

    -C

    On Nov 18, 4:18 pm, Me wrote:
    > "mark" wrote in news:1163862090.549914.301650
    > @e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > Hello,

    > > I would like to scan my host just to be sure that IDS-snort is working
    > > properly. Therefore looking for a tool which would make such scan from
    > > the console mode in linux.

    > > Regards, markHi Mark.

    > I guessing nmap will do, or am I missing something?
    >
    > Me.

+ Reply to Thread