stress test software? - Security

This is a discussion on stress test software? - Security ; I'm looking for a program for windows (or linux I guess) that I can use to stress test my linux server. For example I want to send 100 ICMP packets per second to my server to see if my iptables ...

  1. stress test software?

    I'm looking for a program for windows (or linux I guess) that I can use
    to stress test my linux server. For example I want to send 100 ICMP
    packets per second to my server to see if my iptables rules are
    successfully throttling them.

    or make 10 connections all at once to port 110.

    anything like that?

    thanks.
    kenw232@yahoo.com

  2. Re: stress test software?

    Ken Williams wrote:
    > I'm looking for a program for windows

    ?!?

    (or linux I guess) that I can use
    > to stress test my linux server. For example I want to send 100 ICMP
    > packets per second to my server to see if my iptables rules are
    > successfully throttling them.
    >
    > or make 10 connections all at once to port 110.
    >
    > anything like that?
    >
    > thanks.
    > kenw232@yahoo.com

    man nmap