SElinux Syslog - Security

This is a discussion on SElinux Syslog - Security ; Hi, I am trying to setup a Selinux machine as a server to capture all the logs from the AIX machines, but it doesn't capture any syslogs in selinux machine or logs from any aix machine. If anyone knows how ...

  1. SElinux Syslog

    Hi,

    I am trying to setup a Selinux machine as a server to capture all the
    logs from the AIX machines, but it doesn't capture any syslogs in
    selinux machine or logs from any aix machine. If anyone knows how to
    solve this problem.

    Thanks

  2. Re: SElinux Syslog

    wrote in message
    news:1161881425.763465.106000@k70g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com

    > I am trying to setup a Selinux machine as a server to capture all the
    > logs from the AIX machines, but it doesn't capture any syslogs in
    > selinux machine or logs from any aix machine. If anyone knows how to
    > solve this problem.

    Precisely what do you mean by "I am trying ..."

  3. Re: SElinux Syslog

    ranjithno1 wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to setup a Selinux machine as a server to capture all the logs
    > from the AIX machines, but it doesn't capture any syslogs in selinux
    > machine or logs from any aix machine. If anyone knows how to solve this
    > problem.
    >
    > Thanks

    YANM="your assignment, not mine"

    AIX, SELinux and Linux are all *nix, but may be substantially different.

    AIX originally meant "Advanced IBM Unix".

    SELinux is Linux designed to essentially disallow all actions unless they
    are specifically allowed.

    Under Linux, support for remote logging is explained in

    $ man syslogd

    Under AIX or SELinux, YMMV. Read the fine manuals. YANM.

    When you have done your homework and your setup does not do what you
    want, hope or expect, you may explore what is actually happening by
    examining the network traffic with tcpdump or ethereal, which is now
    called something else (wireshark, wiresnark? idk. check it out.) Do your
    homework. Good luck. Your grades are important. YANM.

    HTH

  4. Re: SElinux Syslog

    I made it work, thanks for your help
    responder wrote:
    > ranjithno1 wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I am trying to setup a Selinux machine as a server to capture all the logs
    > > from the AIX machines, but it doesn't capture any syslogs in selinux
    > > machine or logs from any aix machine. If anyone knows how to solve this
    > > problem.
    > >
    > > Thanks

    > YANM="your assignment, not mine"
    >
    > AIX, SELinux and Linux are all *nix, but may be substantially different.
    >
    > AIX originally meant "Advanced IBM Unix".
    >
    > SELinux is Linux designed to essentially disallow all actions unless they
    > are specifically allowed.
    >
    > Under Linux, support for remote logging is explained in
    >
    > $ man syslogd
    >
    > Under AIX or SELinux, YMMV. Read the fine manuals. YANM.
    >
    > When you have done your homework and your setup does not do what you
    > want, hope or expect, you may explore what is actually happening by
    > examining the network traffic with tcpdump or ethereal, which is now
    > called something else (wireshark, wiresnark? idk. check it out.) Do your
    > homework. Good luck. Your grades are important. YANM.
    >
    > HTH

+ Reply to Thread