Re: Tor, Firefox, Flash, Director - Security

This is a discussion on Re: Tor, Firefox, Flash, Director - Security ; On 2006-10-20, responder wrote: > I am using Firefox [can use others], with Java and Javascript blocked by > default. There is no Active-x on my systems. Flash is installed, but how > is the easy way to block it ...

  1. Re: Tor, Firefox, Flash, Director

    On 2006-10-20, responder wrote:
    > I am using Firefox [can use others], with Java and Javascript blocked by
    > default. There is no Active-x on my systems. Flash is installed, but how
    > is the easy way to block it for unintended use? [No.1. question.]

    [...]

    Well, since no-one answered this so far... you can install FlashBlock
    ( http://flashblock.mozdev.org/ ).

    Apostolos

    --
    Replace earth.space with gmail.com for a valid e-mail

  2. Re: Tor, Firefox, Flash, Director

    Apostolos P. Tsompanopoulos wrote:

    > On 2006-10-20, responder wrote:
    >> I am using Firefox [can use others], with Java and Javascript blocked by
    >> default. There is no Active-x on my systems. Flash is installed, but
    >> how is the easy way to block it for unintended use? [No.1. question.]

    > [...]
    >

    > Well, since no-one answered this so far... you can install FlashBlock (
    > http://flashblock.mozdev.org/ ).

    Thank you very much. I will look into it, to be sure.

  3. Re: Tor, Firefox, Flash, Director

    Apostolos P. Tsompanopoulos wrote:

    > On 2006-10-20, responder wrote:
    >> I am using Firefox [can use others], with Java and Javascript blocked by
    >> default. There is no Active-x on my systems. Flash is installed, but
    >> how is the easy way to block it for unintended use? [No.1. question.]

    > [...]
    >

    > Well, since no-one answered this so far... you can install FlashBlock (
    > http://flashblock.mozdev.org/ ).
    >
    > Apostolos

    Extension apparently installed and working as intended. Thank you very
    much !!

  4. Re: Tor, Firefox, Flash, Director

    On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 04:57 -0400, responder wrote:
    > Apostolos P. Tsompanopoulos wrote:
    >
    > > On 2006-10-20, responder wrote:
    > >> I am using Firefox [can use others], with Java and Javascript blocked by
    > >> default. There is no Active-x on my systems. Flash is installed, but
    > >> how is the easy way to block it for unintended use? [No.1. question.]

    > > [...]
    > >

    > > Well, since no-one answered this so far... you can install FlashBlock (
    > > http://flashblock.mozdev.org/ ).
    > >

    > Extension apparently installed and working as intended. Thank you very
    > much !!

    Dude, with such Firefox you can easily surf from links as well!

+ Reply to Thread