Perspectives on Spamhaus's Dilemma - Security

This is a discussion on Perspectives on Spamhaus's Dilemma - Security ; Leythos wrote: > In article , > barton@applitec.com says... >> Leythos wrote: >> > In article , >> > Casper.Dik@Sun.COM says... >> >> "Barton L. Phillips" writes: >> >> >> >>> The UN would/could be more effective if no country ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 32 of 32

  1. Re: Perspectives on Spamhaus's Dilemma

    Leythos wrote:

    > In article ,
    > barton@applitec.com says...
    >> Leythos wrote:
    >> > In article <4533c574$0$4519$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl>,
    >> > Casper.Dik@Sun.COM says...

    >> > LOL, take a look at the funding for the UN, see who pays the most.

    >> > Yea, like anything that Chavez wants should not be vetoed.
    >> >

    >> If the majority of the world wants to follow Chavez then it is our own
    >> fault because we have done something very very wrong. We are just part
    >> of the world not the entire world. The sun does not revolve around the
    >> US or GWB and team.

    > And I never said anyone has to follow anyone else, you misunderstand my
    > post if you think that.

    Take the lead and propose something positive (and workable, preferably),
    rather than implicitly complaining about what others have said or done, or
    what they have not said or not done. Something positive would be good
    just about any time now. Thanks.

  2. Re: Perspectives on Spamhaus's Dilemma

    Leythos writes:

    >> - the US continuous delinquency in paying its bills

    >LOL, take a look at the funding for the UN, see who pays the most.

    Countries are billed proportional to their GNP or some such; I can not
    think of a fairer way to distribute costs.

    Besides, the only reason the UN is in the US is that the US likes
    to eavesdrop on the UN (which is why the first UN meetings were held
    in San Francisco)

    >> - the abuse of veto power

    >Yea, like anything that Chavez wants should not be vetoed.

    Sorry, your lack of understanding of the UN shows; the veto power
    applies only to security council resolutions and it's not likely that
    "anything Chavez wants" would easily come up for a vote.

    What is more troublesome is that a reslution condemning the US
    for invading Venezuela (which they will likely do at some point)
    has no chance.

    The US has consistently abused its power.

    Casper
    be fiction rather than truth.

  3. Re: Perspectives on Spamhaus's Dilemma

    "Casper H.S. Dik" wrote in message

    > What is more troublesome is that a reslution condemning the US
    > for invading Venezuela (which they will likely do at some point)
    > has no chance.
    >
    > The US has consistently abused its power.

    But that power comes from oil, and Venezuela has plenty of it.

  4. Re: Perspectives on Spamhaus's Dilemma

    On 2006-10-17, Casper H.S Dik wrote:

    > The US has consistently abused its power.

    All Governments abuse their power, once they are in a position so
    to do. The Brits did it, the Dutch did it, and now the Americans
    are doing it. They too will pass.

    --
    "Other people are not your property."

  5. Re: Perspectives on Spamhaus's Dilemma

    In article <84-dnciKmrlEDKnYnZ2dnUVZ_tSdnZ2d@gwi.net>, no@spam.invalid
    says...
    > Something positive would be good
    > just about any time now.

    Ok, here is positive: I think the control of the net works just fine the
    way it is and that I see it working just fine.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

  6. Re: Perspectives on Spamhaus's Dilemma

    In article <45349d1c$0$4528$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl>, Casper.Dik@Sun.COM
    says...
    > >Yea, like anything that Chavez wants should not be vetoed.

    > Sorry, your lack of understanding of the UN shows; the veto power
    > applies only to security council resolutions and it's not likely that
    > "anything Chavez wants" would easily come up for a vote.
    >
    > What is more troublesome is that a reslution condemning the US
    > for invading Venezuela (which they will likely do at some point)
    > has no chance.
    >
    > The US has consistently abused its power.

    Sorry, you write like a zealot - you don't appear to understand what the
    UN does or what the people that run it, and it is a bunch of self-
    service people that DO run it, what they really want - which is more
    money and more power and to not have to deal with any conflicts.

    If the UN was a honorable institution they would have already resolved
    many conflicts in the world and not have to be forced into taking
    action, or in most cases, they would not have stepped in to rape,
    pillage, abuse, corrupt, steal, pilfer (yea, redundant), the areas they
    go into. The UN is worthless in its present state/methods/leadership.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

  7. Re: Perspectives on Spamhaus's Dilemma

    "Leythos" wrote in message

    >> The US has consistently abused its power.

    > Sorry, you write like a zealot - you don't appear to understand what
    > the UN does or what the people that run it, and it is a bunch of self-
    > service people that DO run it, what they really want - which is more
    > money and more power and to not have to deal with any conflicts.

    That proves that they're human. *You're* the one writing like an ignorant
    zealot.

  8. Re: Perspectives on Spamhaus's Dilemma

    david20@alpha2.mdx.ac.uk writes:

    > It would make eminent sense for the body charged with co-ordinating the
    > internet's system of unique identifiers to become a specialized UN agency along
    > side the ITU, Universal Postal Union, International Monetary Fund,
    > World Bank, World Health Organisation etc

    While it probably makes a lot of sense to have an international organization
    that manages the issue of these at some level I don't see why it follows that
    all these individual organizations doing largely independance activities
    need to be under one umbrella such as the UN. That's a highly politicized
    institution and WB, IMF and even WHO have all had real questions raised
    as to exactly who's interests they are serving -- some global common
    interests or more localized interests.

    jmh

  9. Re: Perspectives on Spamhaus's Dilemma

    Leythos wrote:

    > In article <84-dnciKmrlEDKnYnZ2dnUVZ_tSdnZ2d@gwi.net>, no@spam.invalid
    > says...
    >> Something positive would be good
    >> just about any time now.

    > Ok, here is positive: I think the control of the net works just fine the
    > way it is and that I see it working just fine.

    Thanks muchly.

  10. Re: Perspectives on Spamhaus's Dilemma

    jmh wrote:

    > david20@alpha2.mdx.ac.uk writes:
    >

    >> It would make eminent sense for the body charged with co-ordinating the
    >> internet's system of unique identifiers to become a specialized UN
    >> agency along side the ITU, Universal Postal Union, International
    >> Monetary Fund, World Bank, World Health Organisation etc

    > While it probably makes a lot of sense to have an international
    > organization that manages the issue of these at some level I don't see why
    > it follows that all these individual organizations doing largely
    > independance activities need to be under one umbrella such as the UN.
    > That's a highly politicized institution and WB, IMF and even WHO have all
    > had real questions raised as to exactly who's interests they are serving
    > -- some global common interests or more localized interests.
    >
    > jmh

    You are right. I second your opinions. Please write again, and please do
    try to put your valuable views into an actionable plan. We need
    intelligent viewpoints, but we especially need intelligent and actionable
    plans that can be put into place immediately.

    I know that is asking a lot, particularly in the face of the many
    interests involved. I know it is asking a lot more than many can
    individually provide. I know I would need more. Possibly or probably you
    would need more.

    Ask for help and I am sure you will receive it. But please do continue to
    be active in these areas that you know are important. Your viewpoints are
    valuable and appreciated, at least by one.

    Thanks for writing.

  11. Re: Perspectives on Spamhaus's Dilemma

    > All Governments abuse their power, once they are in a position so
    > to do. The Brits did it, the Dutch did it, and now the Americans
    > are doing it. They too will pass.

    And here is where China comes in... Get ready

  12. Re: Perspectives on Spamhaus's Dilemma

    "Macarro" wrote in message
    newsp.thukdjkueih28w@localhost

    >> All Governments abuse their power, once they are in a position so
    >> to do. The Brits did it, the Dutch did it, and now the Americans
    >> are doing it. They too will pass.

    > And here is where China comes in... Get ready

    You might want to read a little history written by the Asian world underdogs
    .... China's been abusing its power for millenia. They're just entering the
    Capitalist arena this time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2