hi friends .....plz help .. i am facing a problem while writing the UDP
server as a kernel module ...

actual problem is ...

i am crating a kernel thread using "kernel_thread" call, to
recv data from clients ..before creating the thread i am creating
socket and binding it with some port XXX . after that my thread will be
blocked on the call sock_recvmsg . ... at that time i am trying to kill
the thread ...... i tried this in two ways .

1. I tried using kill_proc call from the module (from out side of that
thread ) .. but it is not working .... i don't know the reason .... my
statement is kill_proc(pid,SIGTERM,1);

2. so i took a variable "stopThread" and changed the value to "TRUE" to
close the thread. in the thread function i am checking the value of
that variable "stopThread" , if that is true it will return from that
thread , but the problem is .. thread was already blocked on the call
"sock_recvmsg" .. once it come out of that call it will execute the
return statement and get terminated ... but it is not happening

if any one has the answer to this problem ... plz help me....

thank you for advance...

daya.