Content Filtering Internet Proxy - Security

This is a discussion on Content Filtering Internet Proxy - Security ; Dear all, Since this site is all about sharing Linux based applications, I would like to bring to your attention to an excellent Linux based content filtering Internet proxy software - SafeSquid®, and has a FREE version. SafeSquid®, arguably, is ...

  1. Content Filtering Internet Proxy

    Dear all,

    Since this site is all about sharing Linux based applications, I would
    like to bring to your attention to an excellent Linux based content
    filtering Internet proxy software - SafeSquid®, and has a FREE
    version.

    SafeSquid®, arguably, is the world's most feature-rich proxy server.
    Following, in brief, are it's features -

    - Browser based GUI Interface
    - Cluster friendly
    - A multi-tier, md5-encrypted, totally manageable cache
    - Supports ICP & CARP
    - Request forwarding
    - Transparent Proxying
    - Reverse Proxying - Secure Web Servers
    - Provides simultaneous virus scanning at the gateway using any number
    of Antivirus softwares of your choice
    - Generate virus signatures on-the-fly for undetected viruses while you
    wait for updates
    - Ready-to-use connectivity to ICAP Servers, the latest in Antivirus
    Technology
    - Built-in connectivity to PAM - Authenticate users from ADS, POP3,
    Radius, MySQL Database, Flat File Database, etc.
    - Bandwidth Management based on Users, Time, Web Sites or a combination
    of all
    - Block web-sites using URL Blacklist, DNS Blacklist, MySQL Database,
    Category DNS and the database-independent - Weighed Keyword Scoring
    Method
    - Filter unwanted contents like ActiveX Controls and Java Scripts from
    unknown sites (Ads, Banners, Pop-ups, spy wares, etc.)
    - Prevent access / downloads based on MiMe type
    - Prevent users from logging into unwanted sites - Cookie Filter
    - Increase enterprise privacy - Header Filter
    - Prevent access to applications like chat & IM - User Agent based
    access control
    - Generates log reports in Firewall and Squid format compatible with
    many open source and paid Log Analysers like Sarg, Calamaris, Squint,
    Webalizer, Sawmill, SquidTaild, etc.

    A FREE version with limited features for non-profit / non-commercial
    organisations, is available for download at
    http://downloads.safesquid.net
    You need to register on the SafeSquid® Forum (free) at
    http://www.safesquid.com/html
    You can use the forum's username and password to access the download
    site.
    Fully functional trial versions, with limited time period, are also
    available.

  2. Re: Content Filtering Internet Proxy

    sachinpurohit@gmail.com (06-09-03 07:06:59):

    > Since this site is all about sharing Linux based applications, I would
    > like to bring to your attention to an excellent Linux based content
    > filtering Internet proxy software - SafeSquid®, and has a FREE
    > version.

    Firstly, this is not a "site", secondly nobody cares, thirdly you suck
    bad. You're using the wrong platform for spamming. If your "excellent
    proxy software" wouldn't be a security hazard, its source code would be
    available. Products like Microsoft IIS have shown where closed source
    leads to.

    Regards,
    E.S.

  3. Re: Content Filtering Internet Proxy

    Ertugrul Soeylemez wrote:
    > sachinpurohit@gmail.com (06-09-03 07:06:59):
    >
    >> Since this site is all about sharing Linux based applications, I would
    >> like to bring to your attention to an excellent Linux based content
    >> filtering Internet proxy software - SafeSquid®, and has a FREE
    >> version.

    > Firstly, this is not a "site", secondly nobody cares, thirdly you suck
    > bad. You're using the wrong platform for spamming. If your "excellent
    > proxy software" wouldn't be a security hazard, its source code would be
    > available. Products like Microsoft IIS have shown where closed source
    > leads to.

    That's what you thought.
    What I'm reading here is a money-grubbing luser who is ripping off Squid
    and not providing the source code for a GPL-code-derived program.
    If this is the case, he is *in violation* of the GPL and *cannot*
    legally distribute his so-called "software", free or otherwise.

    The GPL.
    It's da shizzit.