Kernel configuration file - Security

This is a discussion on Kernel configuration file - Security ; Hello everyone, I want to update the kernel 2.4 to 2.6 in my Redhat linux 9. I will explained the steps below. While in " make menuconfig". I want to load the existing configuration that was saved in a "./config ...

  1. Kernel configuration file

    Hello everyone,
    I want to update the kernel 2.4 to 2.6 in my Redhat linux 9. I will
    explained the steps below.

    While in " make menuconfig".
    I want to load the existing configuration that was saved in a "./config
    file" when i load the kernel 2.4 previously.

    Where is the file ./config located? what is the default location of the
    file in Redhat Linux 9.

  2. Re: Kernel configuration file

    "pandi" writes:

    > Hello everyone,
    > I want to update the kernel 2.4 to 2.6 in my Redhat linux 9. I will
    > explained the steps below.

    don't do that. upgrade to a 2.6-based distribution.

    --
    Maurizio Loreti http://www.pd.infn.it/~loreti/mlo.html
    Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Padova, Italy ROT13: ybergv@cq.vasa.vg

  3. Re: Kernel configuration file

    Maurizio Loreti wrote:
    > "pandi" writes:
    >
    >> Hello everyone,
    >> I want to update the kernel 2.4 to 2.6 in my Redhat linux 9. I will
    >> explained the steps below.

    > don't do that. upgrade to a 2.6-based distribution.

+ Reply to Thread