Defeat for net neutrality backers (but what does it mean?) - Security

This is a discussion on Defeat for net neutrality backers (but what does it mean?) - Security ; This is a little of topic, for this I apologise, however it is a very important topic for which we all should monitor closly... "The amendment was thought to be needed after the FCC ripped up its rules that guaranteed ...

  1. Defeat for net neutrality backers (but what does it mean?)

    This is a little of topic, for this I apologise, however it is a very
    important topic for which we all should monitor closly...

    "The amendment was thought to be needed after the FCC ripped up its rules
    that guaranteed net neutrality.

    During the debate House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, said that without
    the amendment telecommunications and cable companies will be able to create
    toll lanes on the information superhighway.

    This strikes at the heart of the free and equal nature of the internet, she
    added."

    Write your congressman/congresswoman (if you live in the US)

    Article:

    Save the Internet:
    http://www.savetheinternet.com/

    Its our net:
    http://www.itsournet.org/

  2. Re: Defeat for net neutrality backers (but what does it mean?)

    imhotep wrote:

    > This is a little of topic, for this I apologise, however it is a very
    > important topic for which we all should monitor closly...
    >
    > "The amendment was thought to be needed after the FCC ripped up its rules
    > that guaranteed net neutrality.
    >
    > During the debate House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, said that without
    > the amendment telecommunications and cable companies will be able to
    > create toll lanes on the information superhighway.
    >
    > This strikes at the heart of the free and equal nature of the internet,
    > she added."
    >

    > Write your congressman/congresswoman (if you live in the US)
    >

    > Article:
    >
    > Save the Internet:
    > http://www.savetheinternet.com/
    >
    > Its our net:
    > http://www.itsournet.org/

    Sorry if this is duplicate reply. Getting errors ...

    See also on same subject with video and audio feeds:

    http://www.democracynow.org/article..../06/09/1427218

    Other bad news from D.C., with suggested action:

    http://action.eff.org/site/PageServe...e=ADV_homepage

  3. Re: Defeat for net neutrality backers (but what does it mean?)

    imhotep wrote:

    > This is a little of topic, for this I apologise, however it is a very
    > important topic for which we all should monitor closly...
    >
    > "The amendment was thought to be needed after the FCC ripped up its rules
    > that guaranteed net neutrality.
    >
    > During the debate House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, said that without
    > the amendment telecommunications and cable companies will be able to
    > create toll lanes on the information superhighway.
    >
    > This strikes at the heart of the free and equal nature of the internet,
    > she added."
    >

    > Write your congressman/congresswoman (if you live in the US)
    >

    > Article:
    >
    > Save the Internet:
    > http://www.savetheinternet.com/
    >
    > Its our net:
    > http://www.itsournet.org/

    Another informative link, with video and audio feeds:

    http://www.democracynow.org/article..../06/09/1427218

    What it means is just one more big chunk of bad news out of D.C. Look
    here for more:

    http://action.eff.org/site/PageServe...e=ADV_homepage

  4. Re: Defeat for net neutrality backers (but what does it mean?)

    responder wrote:

    > imhotep wrote:
    >
    >> This is a little of topic, for this I apologise, however it is a very
    >> important topic for which we all should monitor closly...
    >>
    >> "The amendment was thought to be needed after the FCC ripped up its rules
    >> that guaranteed net neutrality.
    >>
    >> During the debate House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, said that without
    >> the amendment telecommunications and cable companies will be able to
    >> create toll lanes on the information superhighway.
    >>
    >> This strikes at the heart of the free and equal nature of the internet,
    >> she added."
    >>

    >> Write your congressman/congresswoman (if you live in the US)
    >>

    >> Article:
    >>
    >> Save the Internet:
    >> http://www.savetheinternet.com/
    >>
    >> Its our net:
    >> http://www.itsournet.org/

    > Another informative link, with video and audio feeds:
    >
    > http://www.democracynow.org/article..../06/09/1427218
    >
    > What it means is just one more big chunk of bad news out of D.C. Look
    > here for more:
    >
    > http://action.eff.org/site/PageServe...e=ADV_homepage

    ....thanks for the links. I hope more people start paing attention!!!!!!!!

    Imhotep

    --
    *************************************
    Pass a Net Neutrality Law in the US!!!!

    Save the Internet:
    http://www.savetheinternet.com/

    Its our net:
    http://www.itsournet.org/

    *************************************

  5. Re: Defeat for net neutrality backers (but what does it mean?)

    On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 01:29:22 -0400, imhotep wrote:

    > ...thanks for the links. I hope more people start paing attention!!!!!!!!

    Something that should get the politicos attention:

    Without net neutrality, those that own the bandwidth can put election ads
    in the slow lane. Or rather: Can put _some_ election ads in the slow
    lane.

    --
    Phoenix

+ Reply to Thread