Proftpd user/password : Easy question - Security

This is a discussion on Proftpd user/password : Easy question - Security ; Hi Well it's an easy question but I could find an answer and I'm a beginner using unix... I'm working on a FC1 server with proftpd installed Several site has been configured and each one has a different user/password to ...

  1. Proftpd user/password : Easy question

    Hi

    Well it's an easy question but I could find an answer and I'm a
    beginner using unix...
    I'm working on a FC1 server with proftpd installed

    Several site has been configured and each one has a different
    user/password to access the site by ftp.

    Although i did find the list of users allowed for each site, I don't
    know how to update the password :

    For example, if user1 has pwd1 as password for site1, how can i change
    his ftp access to user1 / pwd2 for site1?

    Thanks for your help !

  2. Re: Proftpd user/password : Easy question

    trihanhcie@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Well it's an easy question but I could find an answer and I'm a
    > beginner using unix...
    > I'm working on a FC1 server with proftpd installed
    >
    > Several site has been configured and each one has a different
    > user/password to access the site by ftp.
    >
    > Although i did find the list of users allowed for each site, I don't
    > know how to update the password :
    >
    > For example, if user1 has pwd1 as password for site1, how can i change
    > his ftp access to user1 / pwd2 for site1?
    >
    > Thanks for your help !

    Hi.

    First of all you shouldn't make cross-posting. I've read _exactly_ this
    message in comp.os.linux.networking just a few minuts ago. I advice you to
    lear some about nettiquette:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nettiquette

    In second, I don't know what is the correct way to do what you want, bit I'm
    sure that is possible. I use another ftpserver (Pure-FTPd) which has a lot
    of administrative commands, so you can do it without any problem.

    --
    Jordi Espasa Clofent

    PGP id 0xC5ABA76A #http://pgp.mit.edu/
    FSF Associate Member id 4281 #http://www.fsf.org/