Lack of universal public library service. Prominent explanatory information needed at http://bpl.org - Security

This is a discussion on Lack of universal public library service. Prominent explanatory information needed at http://bpl.org - Security ; Bernie Margolis, Boston Public Library Massachusetts bmargolis at bpl dot org Dear Bernie Margolis, Please put up prominently explanatory information on our public library website at http://bpl.org that the videos at http://overdrive.bpl.org are not made available to users of nonpc ...

  1. Lack of universal public library service. Prominent explanatory information needed at http://bpl.org

    Bernie Margolis, Boston Public Library
    Massachusetts
    bmargolis at bpl dot org

    Dear Bernie Margolis,

    Please put up prominently explanatory information on our public
    library website at http://bpl.org that the videos at
    http://overdrive.bpl.org are not made available to users of
    nonpc computers!

    Disclose it prominently clearing up the misunderstanding that our
    public library services are universally available to our public
    library card holders!

    Cc:
    John Arnold, Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners
    http://mlin.lib.ma.us
    arnold at reluctant dot com

  2. Re: Lack of universal public library service. Prominent explanatory information needed at http://bpl.org

    Don Saklad wrote:

    > Bernie Margolis, Boston Public Library
    > Massachusetts
    > bmargolis at bpl dot org
    >
    > Dear Bernie Margolis,
    >
    > Please put up prominently explanatory information on our public
    > library website at http://bpl.org that the videos at
    > http://overdrive.bpl.org are not made available to users of
    > nonpc computers!
    >
    > Disclose it prominently clearing up the misunderstanding that our
    > public library services are universally available to our public
    > library card holders!
    >

    > Cc:
    > John Arnold, Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners
    > http://mlin.lib.ma.us
    > arnold at reluctant dot com

    Dear John Arnold,

    One wonders what, if anything, your post has to do with Linux Security.

    Perhaps we should "disclose prominently" what "off-topic posting" means in a
    newsgroup.

    Hope you have a nice day anyway!

    Alan

+ Reply to Thread