Multiple ip with an eth interface - Security

This is a discussion on Multiple ip with an eth interface - Security ; Hi to all, How can I set two different ip in a unique eth interface? Thanks in advance for any help, Leonardo...

  1. Multiple ip with an eth interface

    Hi to all,

    How can I set two different ip in a unique eth interface?

    Thanks in advance for any help,

    Leonardo

  2. Re: Multiple ip with an eth interface

    On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:05:27 +0200, Leonardo wrote:

    > Hi to all,
    >
    > How can I set two different ip in a unique eth interface?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help,

    Try ifconfig eth0:1 .

  3. Re: Multiple ip with an eth interface

    That's Right.
    But if it's Redhat based Linux, If you want to make it permanent you
    should change some files.

    Go to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/
    find "ifcfg-eth0" for example, make a copy and name it "ifcfg-eth0:0"
    then change it's contents to what you need. Then ifup eth0:0

    Hope it helps

+ Reply to Thread