Need vsftpd with ssl support! - Security

This is a discussion on Need vsftpd with ssl support! - Security ; Hey everybody, I'm having trouble compiling vsftpd with ssl on CentOS. I've edited the builddefs.h file accordingly (changed 'undef' to 'define' for VSF_BUILD_SSL) but I get a string of errors. Does anyone know where I can get a CentOS binary ...

  1. Need vsftpd with ssl support!

    Hey everybody, I'm having trouble compiling vsftpd with ssl on CentOS.
    I've edited the builddefs.h file accordingly (changed 'undef' to
    'define' for VSF_BUILD_SSL) but I get a string of errors. Does anyone
    know where I can get a CentOS binary with SSL support or somewhere I
    can get source that includes a 'config' script (vsftpd.beasts.org does
    not...) ?

    Thanks all!

  2. Re: Need vsftpd with ssl support!

    In article <1145401630.707489.141190@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups. com>,
    "saucily" wrote:

    >I've edited the builddefs.h file accordingly (changed 'undef' to
    >'define' for VSF_BUILD_SSL) but I get a string of errors.

    What errors?

  3. Re: Need vsftpd with ssl support!

    -= snip =-
    gcc -c ssl.c -O2 -Wall -W -Wshadow -idirafter dummyinc
    gcc -c sysutil.c -O2 -Wall -W -Wshadow -idirafter dummyinc
    gcc -c sysdeputil.c -O2 -Wall -W -Wshadow -idirafter dummyinc
    gcc -o vsftpd main.o utility.o prelogin.o ftpcmdio.o postlogin.o
    privsock.o tunables.o ftpdataio.o secbuf.o ls.o postprivparent.o
    logging.o str.o netstr.o sysstr.o strlist.o banner.o filestr.o
    parseconf.o secutil.o ascii.o oneprocess.o twoprocess.o privops.o
    standalone.o hash.o tcpwrap.o ipaddrparse.o access.o features.o
    readwrite.o ssl.o sysutil.o sysdeputil.o -Wl,-s `./vsf_findlibs.sh`
    sysdeputil.o(.text+0x1c4): In function `vsf_sysdep_has_capabilities':
    : undefined reference to `cap_get_proc'
    sysdeputil.o(.text+0x1cf): In function `vsf_sysdep_has_capabilities':
    : undefined reference to `cap_free'
    sysdeputil.o(.text+0x1f9): In function `vsf_sysdep_adopt_capabilities':
    : undefined reference to `cap_init'
    sysdeputil.o(.text+0x20f): In function `vsf_sysdep_adopt_capabilities':
    : undefined reference to `cap_set_proc'
    -= snip =-
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [vsftpd] Error 1

    Any ideas? Thanks!

  4. Re: Need vsftpd with ssl support!

    In article <1145495204.296691.18740@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.c om>,
    "saucily" wrote:

    >: undefined reference to `cap_get_proc'
    >sysdeputil.o(.text+0x1cf): In function `vsf_sysdep_has_capabilities':
    >: undefined reference to `cap_free'
    >sysdeputil.o(.text+0x1f9): In function `vsf_sysdep_adopt_capabilities':
    >: undefined reference to `cap_init'
    >sysdeputil.o(.text+0x20f): In function `vsf_sysdep_adopt_capabilities':
    >: undefined reference to `cap_set_proc'

    These routines are defined in /lib/libcap.so. Do you have -lcap in your
    compilation flags?

+ Reply to Thread