Linux Hardening - Security

This is a discussion on Linux Hardening - Security ; I am looking for a good summary piece on hardening a LAMP installation (Debian). Can any of you suggest one? I have looked at the following sites so far: * http://www.linux-sec.net/Harden/howto.gwif.html has some interesting links, like: - http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/se...-debian-howto/ * http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/...WTO/index.html ...

  1. Linux Hardening

    I am looking for a good summary piece on hardening a LAMP installation
    (Debian).

    Can any of you suggest one?

    I have looked at the following sites so far:

    * http://www.linux-sec.net/Harden/howto.gwif.html has some interesting
    links, like:

    - http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/se...-debian-howto/

    * http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/...WTO/index.html

    And of course a lot more over at
    http://www.google.co.za/search?q=linux+hardening+howto

    Although they are all very good, I am looking for a LAMP specific
    step-by-step, almost like the page
    http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/se...n-step.en.html

    In most of the above links, the advice only focus on Linux and Apache
    and MySQL is often neglected, which means you need to search for each of
    those application hardening howto's individually.

    I would appreciate any pointers/links/comments.

    PS: A search of http://www.google.co.za/search?q=LAMP+hardening+howto
    did not give back too much useful info.

    Cheers

    Nico

  2. Re: Linux Hardening

    Nico Coetzee wrote:
    > I am looking for a good summary piece on hardening a LAMP installation
    > (Debian).
    >
    > Can any of you suggest one?

    Maybe, you will find something useful here:

    http://www.madcarters.com/content/view/26/1
    http://www.lamphowto.com/

    http://www.lampware.org/news.php
    http://lampforums.org/

    --
    Mikhail

  3. Re: Linux Hardening

    Mikhail Zotov wrote:
    > Nico Coetzee wrote:
    >> I am looking for a good summary piece on hardening a LAMP installation
    >> (Debian).
    >>
    >> Can any of you suggest one?

    > Maybe, you will find something useful here:
    >
    > http://www.madcarters.com/content/view/26/1
    > http://www.lamphowto.com/
    >
    > http://www.lampware.org/news.php
    > http://lampforums.org/
    >
    > --
    > Mikhail

    Some interesting links - thanks

  4. Re: Linux Hardening

    In article ,
    Nico Coetzee wrote:

    >I am looking for a good summary piece on hardening a LAMP installation
    >(Debian).

    Step 1) Make sure the "P" doesn't stand for "PHP"
    <http://groups.google.co.nz/groups?se...092005@lust.ih
    ug.co.nz>.

  5. Re: Linux Hardening

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In article ,
    > Nico Coetzee wrote:
    >
    >> I am looking for a good summary piece on hardening a LAMP installation
    >> (Debian).

    > Step 1) Make sure the "P" doesn't stand for "PHP"
    > <http://groups.google.co.nz/groups?se...092005@lust.ih
    > ug.co.nz>.

    This was rather funny... I actually use mod_perl - luckily.

+ Reply to Thread