LDAP Admin USer Problem - Security

This is a discussion on LDAP Admin USer Problem - Security ; Hello! Now I installed ldap and phpldapAdmin. While the ldap server confugures I defined a admin password. But now when I navigate to the phpldapAdmin interface I can log in as anonymous (read only) but I am not able to ...

  1. LDAP Admin USer Problem

    Hello!

    Now I installed ldap and phpldapAdmin. While the ldap server confugures
    I defined a admin password. But now when I navigate to the phpldapAdmin
    interface I can log in as anonymous (read only) but I am not able to lg
    in as admin (using the defined pw during apt post install congufure
    script).

    So I tried a lot of temprary things in the sldap.conf - like adding the
    lines:
    rootdn "cn=admin,dc=localdomain"
    #rootpw "{SSHA}Ijz7kdm9FPwVzpPrF+WBU6VftG8rAYWN"
    rootpw "secret"

    or:
    access to * by anonymous write
    access to * by * write

    After all, no success!

    How can I log in as admin?

    THX!

    Christian Maier

  2. Re: LDAP Admin USer Problem

    On 2006-04-14, Christian Maier wrote:
    > rootpw "secret"

    This way you defined a password as "secret" WITH the " included.
    Did you restarted slapd after changing the config file?

    Davide

    --
    God made the world in six days, and was arrested on the seventh.

+ Reply to Thread