Hi............... - Security

This is a discussion on Hi............... - Security ; Hi Iam pranav from india I have join this group .I am very keen to write linux device driver. I want to write driver for serial port from where can I get data sheet for serial port. Can anyone tell ...

  1. Hi...............

    Hi Iam pranav from india I have join this group .I am very keen to
    write linux device driver.
    I want to write driver for serial port from where can I get data sheet
    for serial port.
    Can anyone tell me how can I proceed?

  2. Re: Hi...............

  3. Re: Hi...............

    On Tue, 11 Apr Matthias Kirchhart wrote:

    > pranav wrote:
    >
    >> I want to write driver for serial port from where can I get data sheet
    >> for serial port.
    >> Can anyone tell me how can I proceed?

    > I am not quite sure what you mean, but if you want the data sheet to your
    > serial port, you have to contact its producer.

    Hey, be more optimistic. Most of the behavior of serial ports
    was settled 25 years ago. A few popular UART chips established
    a de facto standard that has been followed ever since.

    Go to Wikipedia and look up serial_port and UART. You will find
    pointers to specific UART chips, whose spec sheets are no doubt
    available online. The serial port in your PC is very likely to
    act just like that.