SSH Exploit: Common Accounts - Security

This is a discussion on SSH Exploit: Common Accounts - Security ; Think that the shh crackers only go after simple common account names? Think again. Here is a list of the account names used in 85% of crack tries we saw over the last two weeks. "root" and "admin" together accounted ...

  1. SSH Exploit: Common Accounts

    Think that the shh crackers only go after simple common account names?
    Think again. Here is a list of the account names used in 85% of crack tries
    we saw over the last two weeks. "root" and "admin" together accounted for
    25%.

    1 2005 20admin 20info 20jobs 20mail 2qjj4toi
    a a2 abramenko academy accept adam adine
    admin administrator Administrator aiaetn aleksandrova
    alekseeva alex alias andrea andres andrew
    andrianov antonov apryatin arapova art
    asen author b backup backups c calendar
    captain captn compile cross cyrus d
    delta directory distributions dmoran e eff
    eike ejohns elena elf elfi eliane ervers-mail
    executables f fax fluffy ftp g glloyd
    guest hacker hacker2k i ibm imation
    imbroglio jack james jjmul jmarsden khans
    leo logged marvin max mule mvlahos
    mysql nobody office olga oracle patrick
    pgsql poq postgres providerprof publicidad
    qwerty recruit root sales samba scanner
    security settings slackware staff stu
    student student1 student2 student3 student4
    test tester testing testuser thisisnotyourexploit
    tomcat trial upload uploader user webmaster
    zeppelin

  2. Re: SSH Exploit: Common Accounts

    In article ,
    Mungo wrote:

    >Think that the shh crackers only go after simple common account names?

    I saw one attack involving a whole lot of Japanese names.

+ Reply to Thread