Internal port probe test - Security

This is a discussion on Internal port probe test - Security ; Hi All, Does anyone know of a utility that I can use from my Linux server to test (probe) the personal firewalls of the other computers installed on my internal network? (iptables on my router blocks web tools from doing ...

  1. Internal port probe test

    Hi All,

    Does anyone know of a utility that I can use from
    my Linux server to test (probe) the personal firewalls
    of the other computers installed on my internal
    network? (iptables on my router blocks web tools
    from doing this.)

    Many thanks,
    --Todd

  2. Re: Internal port probe test

    "Todd and Margo Chester" wrote in
    message news:e0klh5$teo$1@emma.aioe.org

    > Does anyone know of a utility that I can use from
    > my Linux server to test (probe) the personal firewalls
    > of the other computers installed on my internal
    > network? (iptables on my router blocks web tools
    > from doing this.)

    nmap http://www.insecure.org/nmap , but be advised that the "personal
    firewalls of the other computers installed on [your] internal network" may
    be more permissive for other machines within that sam LAN.

    Some parsers and other utilities for nmap are available at
    http://sourceforge.net/search/?words=nmap

  3. Re: Internal port probe test

    ynotssor wrote:
    > "Todd and Margo Chester" wrote in
    > message news:e0klh5$teo$1@emma.aioe.org
    >
    >> Does anyone know of a utility that I can use from
    >> my Linux server to test (probe) the personal firewalls
    >> of the other computers installed on my internal
    >> network? (iptables on my router blocks web tools
    >> from doing this.)

    > nmap http://www.insecure.org/nmap , but be advised that the "personal
    > firewalls of the other computers installed on [your] internal network" may
    > be more permissive for other machines within that sam LAN.
    >
    > Some parsers and other utilities for nmap are available at
    > http://sourceforge.net/search/?words=nmap

    Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread