Restricting access - Security

This is a discussion on Restricting access - Security ; I'm running Redhat 9 on a machine with a public static IP address. I have locked it down so that only ssh on port 22 is active. I need to setup ipchains so that only two public IP addresses can ...

  1. Restricting access

    I'm running Redhat 9 on a machine with a public static IP address. I have
    locked it down so that only ssh on port 22 is active.

    I need to setup ipchains so that only two public IP addresses can gain
    access to this server. The two remote IP addresses are known and are static
    (not DHCP).

    What changes to the firewall do I need to make to ensure that only those two
    IP addresses can gain access to the server.

    TX in advance

    Maurice

  2. Re: Restricting access

    Hi Bishop.

    Read on iptables.

    Take this one as a skeleton.

    iptables -A INPUT -s A.B.C.D -i eth0 -d -p TCP -j
    ACCEPT

    you can add more security loks using iptables.

    wishes.

    dear,
    T.Shrinivasan.

+ Reply to Thread