How to get one password verification window? - Security

This is a discussion on How to get one password verification window? - Security ; Hi, I wanna write one script to manage lp daemon with password, but I don't know how to get one password verification window same as the ejected form of command 'redhat-config-xfree86'. In the command terminal, I know 'checkpassword' is one ...

  1. How to get one password verification window?

    Hi,

    I wanna write one script to manage lp daemon with password, but I don't know
    how to get one password verification window same as the ejected form of
    command 'redhat-config-xfree86'. In the command terminal, I know
    'checkpassword' is one good method, but it's not good in graphic window. May
    you help me? Normally I like to use shell and wanna use it to do.

    Have a good day!

    Best Regards,

    Joffre

  2. Re: How to get one password verification window?

    Bill Marcum wrote:

    > Try gksu or sux.

    I've assembled in my Linuxmafia.com Knowledgebase what I think may be a
    comprehensive list of such tools. Quoting:

    Very similar to "sux" are GKsu and kdesu, from the GNOME and KDE
    suites, respectively. Also gksudo, calife, chiark-really, gnome-sudo,
    and xsu.

    Any I've missed?

    --
    Cheers,
    Rick Moen Support your local medical examiner: Die strangely.

  3. Re: How to get one password verification window?

    In comp.os.linux.security tech11 :
    > Hi,

    > I wanna write one script to manage lp daemon with password, but I don't know
    > how to get one password verification window same as the ejected form of
    > command 'redhat-config-xfree86'. In the command terminal, I know
    > 'checkpassword' is one good method, but it's not good in graphic window. May
    > you help me? Normally I like to use shell and wanna use it to do.

    To see how it's done on redhat and howto use for you needs,
    simply enter 'man consolehelper'.

    Good luck

    #bofh excuse 273: The cord jumped over and hit the power switch.

+ Reply to Thread