can a remote pc access office LAN for sending and retrieving files using OpenVPN - Security

This is a discussion on can a remote pc access office LAN for sending and retrieving files using OpenVPN - Security ; hi friends can a remote pc access office LAN for retrieving or sending files using OpenVPN. how Can OpenVPN be used for runnning an application on server end , like visul source safe used for checkin and checkout files , ...

  1. can a remote pc access office LAN for sending and retrieving files using OpenVPN

    hi friends
    can a remote pc access office LAN for retrieving or sending files using
    OpenVPN.
    how Can OpenVPN be used for runnning an application on server end ,
    like visul source safe used for checkin and checkout files , with
    OpenVPN connection at both server end and client end. is it secure
    enough to run such a kind of application.

    regards
    sachin

  2. Re: can a remote pc access office LAN for sending and retrievingfiles using OpenVPN

    machines wrote:
    > hi friends
    > can a remote pc access office LAN for retrieving or sending files using
    > OpenVPN.
    > how Can OpenVPN be used for runnning an application on server end ,
    > like visul source safe used for checkin and checkout files , with
    > OpenVPN connection at both server end and client end. is it secure
    > enough to run such a kind of application.
    >

    > regards
    > sachin

    OpenVPN can let Windows see remote machines just as if they were on the
    local LAN. If you want to 'run' programs then you will need something
    like ssh or vnc. If you are running Windows then to get ssh you will
    need cygwin with the OpenSSH server stuff. VNC works very well with
    OpenVPN. If you have not setup a VPN before read the HOWTO on the
    OpenVPN web page several times very carefully as it can be difficult. If
    you have any specific questions please ask as I have just set up a
    couple of VPN system recently and still remember how to do it

    --
    Barton L. Phillips

+ Reply to Thread