crypt16 and crypt - Security

This is a discussion on crypt16 and crypt - Security ; I am in the process of converting Tru64 programs to Linux. Currently we have lots of records that are encrypted using crypt16 function. crypt16 returns 25 chracters long encrypted string. Unfortunatley, I can't find crypt16 source code to compile on ...

  1. crypt16 and crypt

    I am in the process of converting Tru64 programs to Linux. Currently
    we have lots of records that are encrypted using crypt16 function.
    crypt16 returns 25 chracters long encrypted string. Unfortunatley, I
    can't find crypt16 source code to compile on Linux.
    Anyone have any suggetion where I can get the source code for crypt16?

    Thanks

  2. Re: crypt16 and crypt

    mamush1@yahoo.com wrote:

    > Anyone have any suggetion where I can get the source code for crypt16?

    A quick visit to Google turns up something at
    http://cvs.jtz.org.pl/pam/pamcrypt/crypt16.c

    --
    Peter Pearson
    To get my email address, substitute: