NAT iptables config - Security

This is a discussion on NAT iptables config - Security ; Hello. I need some help to get azureus to work properly. I understand there's a NAT issue, but can't fix it. I have a linux box (no external router) and I set up NAT to share the connection on my ...

  1. NAT iptables config

    Hello.
    I need some help to get azureus to work properly.
    I understand there's a NAT issue, but can't fix it.
    I have a linux box (no external router) and I set up NAT to share the
    connection on my local network (beween my main pc and a notebook).
    It works fine, but azureus does not.
    The problem is that I need to open a certain port for azureus to use it.
    I checked on https://www.grc.com/x/portprobe=80
    that the azureus port (that's not 80, of course) was "Stealth".
    I added this to the iptables script:
    $IPTABLES -A INPUT -i ppp0 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED \
    -p tcp -s $UNIVERSE -d $EXTIP --dport $AZUREUSP -j ACCEPT

    and now the port is "Closed".
    How can I open it in order to make azureus use it properly?
    Are OUTPUT and FORWARD chains somehow involved?
    I don't need to hand it over to the notebook, it's just supposed to work
    with my main pc; so I think there's nothing about FORWARD, am I right?

    Thanks
    --
    Guldo
    www.giapponegiappone.it