how do I get SSL to work on new apache install on Windows XP? - openssl and mod_ssl is new to me - Security

This is a discussion on how do I get SSL to work on new apache install on Windows XP? - openssl and mod_ssl is new to me - Security ; I am trying to emulate my hosted server on my local test/dev machine. How do I install openssl or get it to work with Apache 2 on my Windows XP Pro machine? Thanks for any links or help!...

  1. how do I get SSL to work on new apache install on Windows XP? - openssl and mod_ssl is new to me

    I am trying to emulate my hosted server on my local test/dev machine.

    How do I install openssl or get it to work with Apache 2 on my Windows XP
    Pro machine?

    Thanks for any links or help!

  2. Re: how do I get SSL to work on new apache install on Windows XP? - openssl and mod_ssl is new to me

    On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:20:20 -0500, NotGiven shouted Hoy......

    > I am trying to emulate my hosted server on my local test/dev machine.
    >
    > How do I install openssl or get it to work with Apache 2 on my Windows XP
    > Pro machine?
    >
    > Thanks for any links or help!

    Don't know, But heh if you ask in one of the windows groups they may have
    an answer.

    --
    Dancin' in the ruins tonight
    mail: echo onub-hgbg@pbyhzohf.ee.pbz | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'

  3. Re: how do I get SSL to work on new apache install on Windows XP? - openssl and mod_ssl is new to me

    In comp.os.linux.security NotGiven :
    > I am trying to emulate my hosted server on my local test/dev machine.

    > How do I install openssl or get it to work with Apache 2 on my Windows XP
    > Pro machine?

    How should we know? This is a Linux newsgroup.

    You could at least try using a search engine, instead of posting
    OT messages:

    http://tud.at/programm/apache-ssl-win32-howto.php3

    #bofh excuse 73: Daemons did it

  4. Re: how do I get SSL to work on new apache install on Windows XP? - openssl and mod_ssl is new to me

    On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 23:50:02 +0000, Baho Utot wrote:

    > On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:20:20 -0500, NotGiven shouted Hoy......
    >

    >> I am trying to emulate my hosted server on my local test/dev machine.
    >>
    >> How do I install openssl or get it to work with Apache 2 on my Windows XP
    >> Pro machine?
    >>
    >> Thanks for any links or help!

    My suggestion? Running a server on a Windows XP machine is a bad idea.
    Don't!

    --
    Jafar Calley
    http://partners4success.ath.cx

  5. Re: how do I get SSL to work on new apache install on Windows XP? - openssl and mod_ssl is new to me

    SOrry guys, I am setting it up on a windows server and did not even think
    about where I was posting it because this is a test environment for my
    produciton server which IS linux.

  6. Re: how do I get SSL to work on new apache install on Windows XP? - openssl and mod_ssl is new to me

    On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 13:17:37 +0100, Jafar As-Sadiq Calley shouted
    Hoy......

    > On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 23:50:02 +0000, Baho Utot wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:20:20 -0500, NotGiven shouted Hoy......
    >>

    >>> I am trying to emulate my hosted server on my local test/dev machine.
    >>>
    >>> How do I install openssl or get it to work with Apache 2 on my Windows XP
    >>> Pro machine?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for any links or help!

    > My suggestion? Running a server on a Windows XP machine is a bad idea.
    > Don't!

    I'll go one better just don't run ms windows anything.

    --
    Dancin' in the ruins tonight
    mail: echo onub-hgbg@pbyhzohf.ee.pbz | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'
    Tayo'y Mga Pinoy

  7. Re: how do I get SSL to work on new apache install on Windows XP? - openssl and mod_ssl is new to me

    On 2005-12-23, NotGiven wrote:
    > SOrry guys, I am setting it up on a windows server and did not even think
    > about where I was posting it because this is a test environment for my
    > produciton server which IS linux.

    Your test environment should be as close as your production environment
    as possible. Get or find a spare box, put linux on it, and run your
    testbed there.

    --keith

    (try just my userid to email me)