I'm looking for linux firewall that I can use for free with IPTABLES. - Security

This is a discussion on I'm looking for linux firewall that I can use for free with IPTABLES. - Security ; Hi, I'm looking for linux firewall that I can use for free with IPTABLES. I'll be good if it provide some simple GUI for manage IPTABLES. Could you some tell me? Have a day....

  1. I'm looking for linux firewall that I can use for free with IPTABLES.

    Hi,
    I'm looking for linux firewall that I can use for free with IPTABLES.
    I'll be good if it provide some simple GUI for manage IPTABLES.

    Could you some tell me?

    Have a day.

  2. Re: I'm looking for linux firewall that I can use for free with IPTABLES.

    In comp.os.linux.security somez72 :
    > Hi,
    > I'm looking for linux firewall that I can use for free with IPTABLES.
    > I'll be good if it provide some simple GUI for manage IPTABLES.

    Iptables or more correctly this is the user space tool to manage
    the Linux state-full kernel firewall, is already included.

    You are looking for some GUI to manage it, firewall builder
    (www.fwbuilder.org) might be what you are looking for. You can
    try a search on freshmeat.net for alternatives.

    Good luck

    #bofh excuse 8: static buildup

  3. Re: I'm looking for linux firewall that I can use for free with IPTABLES.

    * Michael Heiming :
    > In comp.os.linux.security somez72 :
    >> Hi,
    >> I'm looking for linux firewall that I can use for free with IPTABLES.
    >> I'll be good if it provide some simple GUI for manage IPTABLES.

    > Iptables or more correctly this is the user space tool to manage
    > the Linux state-full kernel firewall, is already included.
    >
    > You are looking for some GUI to manage it, firewall builder
    > (www.fwbuilder.org) might be what you are looking for. You can
    > try a search on freshmeat.net for alternatives.
    >
    > Good luck

    Or if you have a spare pos box laying around there are distros like
    IPCop and Smoothwall.

    Jason

  4. Re: I'm looking for linux firewall that I can use for free with IPTABLES.

    > I'm looking for linux firewall that I can use for free with IPTABLES.

    iptable is certainly included in your distribution.

    You can take a look at firestarter : http://www.fs-security.com/

    --
    Stef

  5. Re: I'm looking for linux firewall that I can use for free with IPTABLES.

    Stef_SM wrote:

    >> I'm looking for linux firewall that I can use for free with IPTABLES.

    > iptable is certainly included in your distribution.
    >
    >> I'll be good if it provide some simple GUI for manage IPTABLES.

    > You can take a look at firestarter : http://www.fs-security.com/

    Or Guarddog if you're using KDE.....

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Ubuntu 5.10

  6. Re: I'm looking for linux firewall that I can use for free with IPTABLES.

    Look at fwbuilder and www.fwbuilder.org.
    --
    jbeasley@sdf.lonestar.org

  7. Re: I'm looking for linux firewall that I can use for free with IPTABLES.

    Jason wrote:
    > * Michael Heiming :
    >
    >>In comp.os.linux.security somez72 :
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>> I'm looking for linux firewall that I can use for free with IPTABLES.
    >>> I'll be good if it provide some simple GUI for manage IPTABLES.

    >>Iptables or more correctly this is the user space tool to manage
    >>the Linux state-full kernel firewall, is already included.
    >>
    >>You are looking for some GUI to manage it, firewall builder
    >>(www.fwbuilder.org) might be what you are looking for. You can
    >>try a search on freshmeat.net for alternatives.
    >>
    >>Good luck
    >>

    > Or if you have a spare pos box laying around there are distros like
    > IPCop and Smoothwall.
    >
    > Jason

    If you don't want/need a GUI I'd recommend "shorewall"

    http://www.shorewall.net

    Scott R. Haven
    Sr. Systems Engineer
    Paisley Systems Inc.
    managed services, consulting, and support
    www.paisleysystems.com

+ Reply to Thread