ohovus_indus@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is it possible to write port scanner in Perl or Python instead of C?
> Could anybody send me sample code for this.
> Regards,
> Subho

It's been done, and mentioned on a couple of Perl advocacy sites. Google
'perl port scanner', and you'll get a couple of them. The first one I saw
does some things that I wouldn't have done (assuming I'd write a port
scanner in Perl in the first place), like using a hardcoded hash instead of
parsing /etc/services. But that's just me. A scanner in an interpreted
language is going to be slow. A toy, really. Being lazy, I write my toys
the easy way.

Cheers,
Greg
--
Greg Metcalfe
GPG fingerprint: 95B3 2BDD 9152 1E7D A240 37C1 7AE2 9B71 0065 F029