Proteus wrote
> I am told by people in charge at the campus where I teach that thi

logi
> page is secure, that the form login info (username, password) i

secur
> when sent. But the browser page (Firefox, Mandriva Linux) info say

th
> page is not encrypted, not secure. Can someone clarify how such

logi
> page can securely transmit the login info? Link to login page i

below
> http://www.lsc.edu/Online/VirtualCampusLogin.cf

No, I don't think; you are sending clear text data via _http_ (por
80),
where as URL's for secure pages send encrypted data via _https_ (http
via ssl, port 443)

You can verify/confirm it by capturing data on port 80 and, or 44
with
help of tcpdump(8) and, or ethereal(1)

--
Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman Registered Linux User: #22970
CLLO (Chief Linux Learning Officer) Machines: #168573, 170593