Cannot compile TCL 8.4.6 - SCO

This is a discussion on Cannot compile TCL 8.4.6 - SCO ; I get the following error trying to build TCL 8.4.5 on SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 with the GNU compiler installed on the system: tclUnixChan.c:1010:`TIOCMGET' undeclared Any ideas?...

  1. Cannot compile TCL 8.4.6

    I get the following error trying to build TCL 8.4.5 on SCO OpenServer
    5.0.5 with the GNU compiler installed on the system:

    tclUnixChan.c:1010:`TIOCMGET' undeclared

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Cannot compile TCL 8.4.6

    ekleinberg@hotmail.com (erick) wrote in message news:<5864af93.0404151117.5250404@posting.google.com>...
    > I get the following error trying to build TCL 8.4.5 on SCO OpenServer
    > 5.0.5 with the GNU compiler installed on the system:
    >
    > tclUnixChan.c:1010:`TIOCMGET' undeclared

    It should be defined in header file /usr/include/sys/termio.h.

    In OSR 5.0.6 it's under an #ifdef namespace guard, maybe gcc
    isn't putting out the right -D for it.

    Don't know what TCL uses it for, but TIOCMGET for serial I/O
    is broken in OSR5 until the 5.0.6a release wherein it is fixed.

    Jonathan Schilling

+ Reply to Thread