please tell me what are the following unix commands: - SCO

This is a discussion on please tell me what are the following unix commands: - SCO ; Hello, I am not a UNIX expert can you please tell me how to execute or achieve the following functions, what are the unix commands: How to check size of the Hard Disks with a unix command How to check ...

  1. please tell me what are the following unix commands:

    Hello,

    I am not a UNIX expert can you please tell me how to execute or
    achieve the following functions, what are the unix commands:

    How to check size of the Hard Disks with a unix command

    How to check how much RAM is installed in the server with a unix
    command

    How can I get the ip address of each client or terminal connected.

    How can I broadcast or send a given same message to all the clients or
    terminals connected

    How can I send a message to a single client or terminal connected,
    what do i need to know of that terminal or client? the ip address is
    enought ?

    Thanks,

    Mario

  2. Re: please tell me what are the following unix commands:

    http://bhami.com/rosetta.html

    Mario wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am not a UNIX expert can you please tell me how to execute or
    > achieve the following functions, what are the unix commands:

  3. Re: please tell me what are the following unix commands:

    If this is for SCO OSR5, see http://aplawrence.com/newtosco.html

    --
    tony@pcunix.com Unix/Linux/Mac OS X resources: http://aplawrence.com

  4. Re: please tell me what are the following unix commands:

    Mario wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am not a UNIX expert can you please tell me how to execute or
    > achieve the following functions, what are the unix commands:
    >
    > How to check size of the Hard Disks with a unix command
    >
    > How to check how much RAM is installed in the server with a unix
    > command
    >
    > How can I get the ip address of each client or terminal connected.
    >
    > How can I broadcast or send a given same message to all the clients or
    > terminals connected
    >
    > How can I send a message to a single client or terminal connected,
    > what do i need to know of that terminal or client? the ip address is
    > enought ?

    We wouldnt be doing your homework or lab work for you now would we?

    filePro BBx Linux SCO Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD #callahans Satriani

  5. Re: please tell me what are the following unix commands:

    On 4 Mar 2004 09:45:13 -0800, Mario wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am not a UNIX expert can you please tell me how to execute or
    > achieve the following functions, what are the unix commands:

    When is your homework due, please, and did your instructor tell you
    about "man -k" or not?

  6. Re: please tell me what are the following unix commands:

    mandm@flashnet.it (Mario) wrote in message news:<9ae829af.0403040945.2e5addad@posting.google.com>...
    > Hello,

    Greetings Mario.

    > I am not a UNIX expert can you please tell me how to execute or
    > achieve the following functions, what are the unix commands:
    >
    > How to check size of the Hard Disks with a unix command

    `df -akt`, i believe
    `du -s`, for directories

    > How to check how much RAM is installed in the server with a unix
    > command

    `vmstat`, `dmesg`, or `free` ?
    > How can I get the ip address of each client or terminal connected.

    `ifconfig -a`, I believe
    > How can I broadcast or send a given same message to all the clients or
    > terminals connected

    `wall`, fer shur
    > How can I send a message to a single client or terminal connected,

    `write username`, fer shur, substitute username with the login of a
    user
    > what do i need to know of that terminal or client? the ip address is
    > enought ?

    if the client has `mesg n` set, you may not get the message to them,
    instead you could mail the user.

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mario

    HTH