Using UDK 8 with freestore (fs) and STL - SCO

This is a discussion on Using UDK 8 with freestore (fs) and STL - SCO ; Has anyone tried using freestore (fs) on UnixWare? It's a tool which helps find memory leaks. It's part of UDK One should first instrument the code (at compilation phase) with the compiler flag "-f" At this phase, only test/toy source ...

  1. Using UDK 8 with freestore (fs) and STL

    Has anyone tried using freestore (fs) on UnixWare?

    It's a tool which helps find memory leaks. It's part of UDK

    One should first instrument the code (at compilation phase) with the
    compiler flag "-f"

    At this phase, only test/toy source file pass.

    Our own source gives the following:

    CC -f: Sorry, not implemented: line 18 /usr/include/CC/memory: In "operator
    new(args)", there are placement new arguments, or size-expr contains a
    comma.
    make: *** [genie_connection.o] Error 1

    Each time I use an STL container I get this error.
    /usr/include/CC/memory is a STL source file.
    btw, even when trying only to create a preprocessed file "-E", it gives the
    same error as above.
    Later on one should link with "-lfs" (which means, it's not a symbol
    collision issue)

    References (on UnixWare):
    man -s C++ fs

    Regards,

    Alon Blayer-Gat

  2. Re: Using UDK 8 with freestore (fs) and STL

    "Alon Blayer-Gat" wrote in message news:...
    > Has anyone tried using freestore (fs) on UnixWare?
    >
    > It's a tool which helps find memory leaks. It's part of UDK
    >
    > One should first instrument the code (at compilation phase) with the
    > compiler flag "-f"
    >
    > At this phase, only test/toy source file pass. [...]

    fs will work for a lot of C++ sources, but once you get into
    the STL headers, it tends to fall down.

    If you are on UnixWare 7.1.3, try using the new "memtool" memory
    checking tool. This is more general and robust than "fs", and
    will flag various kinds of memory errors. See
    http://uw713doc.sco.com/en/man/html.1/memtool.1.html
    for the full details.

    Jonathan Schilling

+ Reply to Thread