Debug the pthread (Multi-thread) problem ? - SCO

This is a discussion on Debug the pthread (Multi-thread) problem ? - SCO ; When I am debuging a appliction on the Unixware 7.1.1 ( it uses the pthread library), It always the error message like the follows. This string is not defined or printed in my appliction. Do anyone know under what situation ...

  1. Debug the pthread (Multi-thread) problem ?

    When I am debuging a appliction on the Unixware 7.1.1 ( it uses the pthread
    library),
    It always the error message like the follows. This string is not defined or
    printed in my appliction.

    Do anyone know under what situation will cause this error message???

    "Error: Top stack frame invalid, program counter out of range"
    "Warning: Stack adjusted to start with previous frame"

    It is always printed out when the thread is scheding.

    But if I run the application , It work ok on the Unixware 7.1.1.

    But if I run on the Unixware 2.1.3 with BCM, it cause the segment fault. (
    perhaps other reason , i will investigate)

  2. Re: Debug the pthread (Multi-thread) problem ?

    "David Huang" wrote in message news:...
    > When I am debuging a appliction on the Unixware 7.1.1 ( it uses the pthread
    > library),
    > It always the error message like the follows. This string is not defined or
    > printed in my appliction.
    >
    > Do anyone know under what situation will cause this error message???
    >
    > "Error: Top stack frame invalid, program counter out of range"
    > "Warning: Stack adjusted to start with previous frame"

    This is a typical message you get out of the debugger when running
    a threads program. You can generally ignore it.

    > But if I run the application , It work ok on the Unixware 7.1.1.
    >
    > But if I run on the Unixware 2.1.3 with BCM, it cause the segment fault. (
    > perhaps other reason , i will investigate)

    Yes, the failure on UW 2.1.3 is due to something different.

    Jonathan Schilling

+ Reply to Thread