help needed in Connecting to Internet using Modem in SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 - SCO

This is a discussion on help needed in Connecting to Internet using Modem in SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 - SCO ; i'm having PII 350Mhz, i810 Chipset motherboard and D-Link 56kbps Modem connected thru /dev/tty2A. (my modem cant use 'wait for dialtone' option.) i have installed SCO OpenServer 5.0.4Eb Enterprise Edition, Developer Edition, Morning Star PPP. i tried many ways to ...

  1. help needed in Connecting to Internet using Modem in SCO OpenServer 5.0.4

    i'm having PII 350Mhz, i810 Chipset motherboard and D-Link 56kbps Modem
    connected thru /dev/tty2A. (my modem cant use 'wait for dialtone' option.)
    i have installed SCO OpenServer 5.0.4Eb Enterprise Edition, Developer
    Edition, Morning Star PPP.

    i tried many ways to connect but, some IP assigning problems are occuring.
    after connecting , i cant ping, or anything, but i THINK its connected.
    after some 3 min it automatically gets disconnected.

    can anyone give some simple steps using standard /etc/pppd or Morning star
    /usr/lib/mstppp/pppd
    to connect to internet. ?? also the steps need for ip routing using route
    add ...

    my ISP assigns me a IP dynamically. my phone number is 172233. and also my
    ISP needs PAP authentication.

    let be my username is 'sathish' and password is 'kumar'.

    thanx a lot

    bye
    sathish

    --
    Note: (Only for NewsGroups)
    Remove NOSPAM in my E-Mail ID

  2. Re: help needed in Connecting to Internet using Modem in SCOOpenServer 5.0.4

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 07:23:47 +0200
    "B.Sathish Kumar" wrote:

    BSK> let be my username is 'sathish' and password is 'kumar'.

    Change it NOW - you have just published for the world to see.
    I do hope you haven't used it for anything important.

    --
    C:>WIN | Directable Mirrors
    The computer obeys and wins. |A Better Way To Focus The Sun
    | http://www.sohara.org/

  3. Re: help needed in Connecting to Internet using Modem in SCO OpenServer 5.0.4

    B.Sathish Kumar wrote:

    > can anyone give some simple steps using standard /etc/pppd or Morning star
    > /usr/lib/mstppp/pppd
    > to connect to internet. ?? also the steps need for ip routing using route
    > add ...

    Obtain another i386 (would not need to be particularly high end) and
    install FreeBSD 4.X onto that - use it as a gateway for your SCO box.
    The directions for setting up a ppp link are all contained within
    the FreeBSD handbook available from www.FreeBSD.org

    --
    "It's Like This"

    Even the samurai
    have teddy bears,
    and even the teddy bears
    get drunk.

  4. Re: help needed in Connecting to Internet using Modem in SCO OpenServer5.0.4

    > i tried many ways to connect but, some IP assigning problems are occuring.
    > after connecting , i cant ping, or anything, but i THINK its connected.
    > after some 3 min it automatically gets disconnected.

    netstat -rn

+ Reply to Thread